Searching eats lots of memory?

maureen tanuwidjaja
I also would like to know wheter searching in the indexfile eats lots of memory...I always ran out of memory when doing searching,i.e. it gives the exception java heap space(although I have put -Xmx768 in the VM argument) ...Is there any way to solve it?

---------------------------------
TV dinner still cooling?

Re: Searching eats lots of memory?

Karl Wettin

22 feb 2007 kl. 05.21 skrev maureen tanuwidjaja:

> I also would like to know wheter searching in the indexfile eats
> lots of memory...I always ran out of memory when doing
> searching,i.e. it gives the exception java heap space(although I
> have put -Xmx768 in the VM argument) ...Is there any way to solve it?

Are you sure it's Lucene that consumes the memory? And if, do you
really close and decouple all resources when they are not used any
more? Profiling the application will probably show you what's up.

--
karl