Searching for text information in databases

Searching for text information in databases

Rene Carballo
I can't find anywhere, a Lucene example for indexing and full-text searching of a simple database table, to return table rows ranked by relevance, not documents.  An example with word-stemming would be best, although I gather this happens automatically in the analysis step.

Someone has recommended dbsight.net.  It's not clear what this buys me as it looks like I'd still have to build a Lucene index from my databse table, using Java code.  (Is this right?)

Does anyone know of a Lucene-only example for querying tables?  Or is there an alternative to DBSight that's easier to use or with more documentation?

Thanks, rene'