Secure communication between Solr and Zookeeper

Secure communication between Solr and Zookeeper

Kirk Fitzsimons

Is it possible to secure communication between Solr(8.3.1) and Zookeeper
(3.5.5)?

We have followed the guide
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/ZooKeeper+SSL+User
+Guide

When we try the below command it hangs and fails to connect to zookeeper.

solr/server/scripts/cloud-scripts$ ./zkcli.sh -zkhost localhost:2281 -cmd
ls
INFO  - 2020-03-12 14:08:41.438;
org.apache.solr.common.cloud.ConnectionManager; Waiting for client to
connect to ZooKeeper

In the zookeeper logs we can see the following error:

io.netty.handler.codec.DecoderException:
io.netty.handler.ssl.NotSslRecordException: not an SSL/TLS record

Kirk Fitzsimons

Re: Secure communication between Solr and Zookeeper

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
This is tracked here https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-7893 - help needed!
There are many steps needed, and last time I tried I needed to use Java13 instead of Java11 for some reason.

Jan