Secure communication between Solr and Zookeeper

Secure communication between Solr and Zookeeper

Kirk Fitzsimons

Is it possible to secure communication between Solr(8.3.1) and Zookeeper(3.5.5)?

We have followed the guide https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/ZooKeeper+SSL+User+Guide

When we try the below command it hangs and fails to connect to zookeeper.

solr/server/scripts/cloud-scripts$ ./zkcli.sh -zkhost localhost:2281 -cmd ls
INFO - 2020-03-12 14:08:41.438; org.apache.solr.common.cloud.ConnectionManager; Waiting for client to connect to ZooKeeper

In the zookeeper logs we can see the following error:

io.netty.handler.codec.DecoderException: io.netty.handler.ssl.NotSslRecordException: not an SSL/TLS record

Kirk Fitzsimons