Securing solr

Ramo Karahasan
Hi,

i'm somehow unable to "secure" my  solr instance that runs on a dedicated
server. I have a webapplication that needs this solr instance, but the
webserver is running on another dedicated server. Is it possible to somehow
secure the solr instance, e.g. with a web authentication mechanism or allow
acces only from one/more specific server?

Thanks,

Ramo

Re: Securing solr

Gora Mohanty-3
On 4 March 2012 19:51, Ramo Karahasan <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]
> i'm somehow unable to "secure" my  solr instance that runs on a dedicated
> server. I have a webapplication that needs this solr instance, but the
> webserver is running on another dedicated server. Is it possible to somehow
> secure the solr instance, e.g. with a web authentication mechanism or allow
> acces only from one/more specific server?

Normally, this would be done by firewall-level access control,
e.g., through iptables if you are on a Linux server. Please
see also http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrSecurity . Searching
Google also turns up other possibilities which might be more
appropriate to your specific Solr setup.

Regards,
Gora
Em

Re: Securing solr

Em

if you run Apache in front of your Tomcat-Instance/Servlet-Container,
you can do that by specifying access-rules in your .htaccess-file
(either password-based or IP-based).

However there also exist Tomcat, JBoss, xyz-specific methods to do that.

Try to search for it specific to your servlet-container/environment
instead of Solr only.

Kind regards,
Em