Sending query to multiple servers and combine all Hits from them ?

Sending query to multiple servers and combine all Hits from them ?

Vikas Khengare
Hi Friends.......

        I am doing search application which has following scenario.

Architecture ==>
1] Common GUI
2] When user enter one query then It should go to 4 searcher server (All servers are on remote machines)
3] After searching all 4 server should return results i.e. Hits ( All server return hits objects in diff formats i.e. all 4 servers return hit doc's in diff formats)
4] Combine all Hits and form only type of result
5] Show that result in Uniform way to user

Problems ==>
1] How do I send my search query to all 4 searcher server. ?
2] After searching How do I get all result (Hits) for combining them in one bundle; Because they all are in different format. ?
3] Shall I use AJAX for sending query across multiple server and getting results back from all servers( Or any other technology, if yes specify) ?
4] How do I combine all hits ?

Best Regards