Setting Up an External ZooKeeper Ensemble

Setting Up an External ZooKeeper Ensemble

ckreddybh
Hi,
  I did follow all the steps in [
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Setting+Up+an+External+ZooKeeper+Ensemble]
but still I am getting this error
<b>Waiting to see Solr listening on port 8983 [-]  Still not seeing Solr
listening on 8983 after 30 seconds!</b>
WARN  - 2015-02-24 05:50:19.161;
org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread; Session 0x0 for server null,
unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting reconnect
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:739)
at
org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:361)
at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1081)
WARN  - 2015-02-24 05:50:20.262;
org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread; Session 0x0 for server null,
unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting reconnect

Where am I going wrong?

ckreddybh. <[hidden email]>

Re: Setting Up an External ZooKeeper Ensemble

Shalin Shekhar Mangar
Looks like the ZooKeeper server is either not running or not accepting
connection possibly because of some configuration issues. Can you look into
the ZooKeeper logs and see if there are any exceptions?

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Setting Up an External ZooKeeper Ensemble

ckreddybh
yes

> chaitanya@imart-desktop:~/solr/zookeeper-3.4.6/bin$ ./zkServer.sh start
>
> JMX enabled by default
> Using config: /home/chaitanya/solr/zookeeper-3.4.6/bin/../conf/zoo.cfg
> Starting zookeeper ... STARTED
> chaitanya@imart-desktop:~/solr/zookeeper-3.4.6/bin$ ./zkServer.sh status
> JMX enabled by default
> Using config: /home/chaitanya/solr/zookeeper-3.4.6/bin/../conf/zoo.cfg
> Error contacting service. It is probably not running
>
> but I don't get why it is not running

ckreddybh. <[hidden email]>

Re: Setting Up an External ZooKeeper Ensemble

ckreddybh
update: everything is working fine after I downloaded new zookeeper and set
same configuration.

thanks for helping.

--
ckreddybh. <[hidden email]>