Setting eol-style to native on the website files?

Setting eol-style to native on the website files?

Nick Burch-2
Hi All

I've just done a build of the website for TIKA-2947, and most of the files
changed. From a quick look, it seems to just be line endings though

Currently, the source APT files and the output HTML files don't have any
line endings set in svn. I'm tempted to set the eol style on all those
files to be native, so they'll hopefully not change. (That would mean when
building on Windows you'd get \r\n, Unix \n etc)

Any thoughts / objections / alternate ideas?

Thanks
Nick

Re: Setting eol-style to native on the website files?

Tim Allison
I'm good w '\n'.

Did you build on Windows?  I _think_ my last update was built on Mac
or maybe rhel...can't remember.

Thank you for fixing this!

On Wed, 18 Sep 2019, Tim Allison wrote:
> I'm good w '\n'.

I think the issue is that the mvn tooling might not be if you're on
something other than linux/bsd. It seems, as best as I can tell, to create
everything in native line endings no matter what the input files are in.
(I can't spot any suitable maven site plugin options to set one
explicitly)

> Did you build on Windows?  I _think_ my last update was built on Mac
> or maybe rhel...can't remember.

I used Ubuntu and it thought everything was different endings-wise

If we go for native, then svn will set the line endings on checkout /
checkin to match the platform default, which hopefully will avoid the
issues. Would need someone on a different platform to me to do a site
build to verify that though!

Nick