Simple Web Search

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Simple Web Search

Ruslan Sivak
I would like to provide a simple web search of our web site.  We have a
lot of dynamic content, and instead of searching through the database, I
would like to use some some sort of crawler to index the site.  Is there
one available that generates Lucene indexes?

I looked into Nutch, but it looks a bit complicated to set up.  I'm not
really interested in running Nutch as web app, maybe only do update
indexes, and I would like to use Nutch/Lucene jars to do the searching.

Can someone recommend a crawler?

Russ



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Simple Web Search

chrislusf
Sounds you should use DBSight. Besides simple SQL crawler, you can adjust
ranking by time(freshness), efficient multi-valued facet search(tagging),
etc.

--
Chris Lu
-------------------------
Instant Scalable Full-Text Search On Any Database/Application
site: http://www.dbsight.net
demo: http://search.dbsight.com
Lucene Database Search in 3 minutes:
http://wiki.dbsight.com/index.php?title=Create_Lucene_Database_Search_in_3_minutes
DBSight customer, a shopping comparison site, (anonymous per request) got
2.6 Million Euro funding!


On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 4:38 PM, Ruslan Sivak <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to provide a simple web search of our web site.  We have a lot
> of dynamic content, and instead of searching through the database, I would
> like to use some some sort of crawler to index the site.  Is there one
> available that generates Lucene indexes?
> I looked into Nutch, but it looks a bit complicated to set up.  I'm not
> really interested in running Nutch as web app, maybe only do update indexes,
> and I would like to use Nutch/Lucene jars to do the searching.
> Can someone recommend a crawler?
>
> Russ
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Simple Web Search

Lukáš Vlček
Hi,

If your content is stored in database then you might be also interested in
Compass (I have a very positive experience with this product). Hibernate
search can be other interesting product for you (I don't have any experience
with this product so I am not able to tell you).

Lukas

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 6:32 AM, Chris Lu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sounds you should use DBSight. Besides simple SQL crawler, you can adjust
> ranking by time(freshness), efficient multi-valued facet search(tagging),
> etc.
>
> --
> Chris Lu
> -------------------------
> Instant Scalable Full-Text Search On Any Database/Application
> site: http://www.dbsight.net
> demo: http://search.dbsight.com
> Lucene Database Search in 3 minutes:
>
> http://wiki.dbsight.com/index.php?title=Create_Lucene_Database_Search_in_3_minutes
> DBSight customer, a shopping comparison site, (anonymous per request) got
> 2.6 Million Euro funding!
>
>
> On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 4:38 PM, Ruslan Sivak <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I would like to provide a simple web search of our web site.  We have a
> lot
> > of dynamic content, and instead of searching through the database, I
> would
> > like to use some some sort of crawler to index the site.  Is there one
> > available that generates Lucene indexes?
> > I looked into Nutch, but it looks a bit complicated to set up.  I'm not
> > really interested in running Nutch as web app, maybe only do update
> indexes,
> > and I would like to use Nutch/Lucene jars to do the searching.
> > Can someone recommend a crawler?
> >
> > Russ
> >
> >
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >
> >
>



--
http://blog.lukas-vlcek.com/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Simple Web Search

Ruslan Sivak
The thing is I don't necessarily want to search the db, as I don't know
what page to send the user to to view the result.  I want to have
something crawl the site and then be able to know the url of the match.

Russ

Lukas Vlcek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If your content is stored in database then you might be also interested in
> Compass (I have a very positive experience with this product). Hibernate
> search can be other interesting product for you (I don't have any experience
> with this product so I am not able to tell you).
>
> Lukas
>
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 6:32 AM, Chris Lu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  
>> Sounds you should use DBSight. Besides simple SQL crawler, you can adjust
>> ranking by time(freshness), efficient multi-valued facet search(tagging),
>> etc.
>>
>> --
>> Chris Lu
>> -------------------------
>> Instant Scalable Full-Text Search On Any Database/Application
>> site: http://www.dbsight.net
>> demo: http://search.dbsight.com
>> Lucene Database Search in 3 minutes:
>>
>> http://wiki.dbsight.com/index.php?title=Create_Lucene_Database_Search_in_3_minutes
>> DBSight customer, a shopping comparison site, (anonymous per request) got
>> 2.6 Million Euro funding!
>>
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 4:38 PM, Ruslan Sivak <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>    
>>> I would like to provide a simple web search of our web site.  We have a
>>>      
>> lot
>>    
>>> of dynamic content, and instead of searching through the database, I
>>>      
>> would
>>    
>>> like to use some some sort of crawler to index the site.  Is there one
>>> available that generates Lucene indexes?
>>> I looked into Nutch, but it looks a bit complicated to set up.  I'm not
>>> really interested in running Nutch as web app, maybe only do update
>>>      
>> indexes,
>>    
>>> and I would like to use Nutch/Lucene jars to do the searching.
>>> Can someone recommend a crawler?
>>>
>>> Russ
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>>
>>>
>>>      
>
>
>
>  


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]