Slip Hadoop 0.16.0 Feature Freeze?

Nigel Daley
We've been having a lot of problems with Hudson over the past couple
weeks.  SVN checkouts are frequently failing (https://
issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-1460) which causes the Patch
build to hang.  In addition builds are taking almost twice as long
(some tests are frequently hanging until they timeout).  We currently
have 10 patches in the queue which will take some time to clear.  We
also have almost 30 issues in the "Patch Available" state that need
to be evaluated for committing.

I'd like to propose we slip the 0.16.0 feature freeze 1.5 weeks from
today to Tuesday, January 15 end-of-day.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Nige

Re: Slip Hadoop 0.16.0 Feature Freeze?

Doug Cutting
Nigel Daley wrote:
> I'd like to propose we slip the 0.16.0 feature freeze 1.5 weeks from
> today to Tuesday, January 15 end-of-day.
>
> Thoughts?

Why not Friday the 11th?  We traditionally freeze on a Friday.

Doug

On Jan 4, 2008, at 11:46 AM, Doug Cutting wrote:

> Nigel Daley wrote:
>> I'd like to propose we slip the 0.16.0 feature freeze 1.5 weeks
>> from today to Tuesday, January 15 end-of-day.
>> Thoughts?
>
> Why not Friday the 11th?  We traditionally freeze on a Friday.
>
> Doug

A number of our team members that are assigned issues are out until
mid to end of next week.  I'm fine with the 11th if we want to keep
it to a Friday.

Nige

Re: Slip Hadoop 0.16.0 Feature Freeze?

Nigel Daley
So any objections to 0.16 feature freeze on Tuesday Jan 15 EOD?

On Jan 4, 2008, at 12:24 PM, Nigel Daley wrote:

> On Jan 4, 2008, at 11:46 AM, Doug Cutting wrote:
>
>> Nigel Daley wrote:
>>> I'd like to propose we slip the 0.16.0 feature freeze 1.5 weeks
>>> from today to Tuesday, January 15 end-of-day.
>>> Thoughts?
>>
>> Why not Friday the 11th?  We traditionally freeze on a Friday.
>>
>> Doug
>
> A number of our team members that are assigned issues are out until
> mid to end of next week.  I'm fine with the 11th if we want to keep
> it to a Friday.
>
> Nige

RE: Slip Hadoop 0.16.0 Feature Freeze?

Devaraj Das
+1 for feature freeze on Jan 15

Owen O'Malley-4

On Jan 9, 2008, at 11:08 AM, Nigel Daley wrote:

> So any objections to 0.16 feature freeze on Tuesday Jan 15 EOD?

I think we should stick with the friday feature freeze. How about Jan
18?

-- Owen

Re: Slip Hadoop 0.16.0 Feature Freeze?

Nigel Daley
I'm fine with Jan 18.  Patch builds are taking a very long time on
our zone machine.  Some extra time will help get these thru and
patches committed.  FWIW, an Apache SVN server timeout has been
increased so we will hopefully not see the Hudson checkout problems
of the past 4 weeks anymore.

Nige

Owen O'Malley wrote:
> I think we should stick with the friday feature freeze. How about Jan 18?

+1.

Doug

Re: Slip Hadoop 0.16.0 Feature Freeze?

Sanjay Radia
Owen O'Malley wrote:

> On Jan 9, 2008, at 11:08 AM, Nigel Daley wrote:
>
>> So any objections to 0.16 feature freeze on Tuesday Jan 15 EOD?
>
> I think we should stick with the friday feature freeze. How about Jan 18?
>
> -- Owen
+1
sanjay

Re: Slip Hadoop 0.16.0 Feature Freeze?

stack-3
+1 on 1/18/2008 (Hbase is trying to tidy up shop so its second release
aligns with hadoop 0.16.0 release).
St.Ack