Slow startup of solr-nightly

Jarek Zgoda-7
I'm testing solr-nightly (2009-04-02) and I noticed very long instance
startup time compared to 1.3 (4 minutes to 20 seconds). The machine is
pretty common 2 core AMD64 with 4GB RAM.

Is this normal or should I be worried?

--
We read Knuth so you don't have to. - Tim Peters

Jarek Zgoda, R&D, Redefine

Re: Slow startup of solr-nightly

Yonik Seeley-2-2
On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 6:56 AM, Jarek Zgoda <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm testing solr-nightly (2009-04-02) and I noticed very long instance
> startup time compared to 1.3 (4 minutes to 20 seconds). The machine is
> pretty common 2 core AMD64 with 4GB RAM.
>
> Is this normal or should I be worried?

Definitely not normal unless you have static warming queries
configured or something.
Could you post the part of the logs that spans the long startup time?

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com