Solr 1.1 released

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Solr 1.1 released

Yonik Seeley-2
Solr 1.1 is now available for download!  This is the first official
release since Solr entered the Incubator.

The release is available at
  http://people.apache.org/dist/incubator/solr/1.1/
and the detailed changelog is at
  http://people.apache.org/dist/incubator/solr/1.1/CHANGES.txt

Thanks to everyone that helped make this happen!

-Yonik
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Solr 1.1 released

Mike Klaas
On 12/22/06, Yonik Seeley <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Solr 1.1 is now available for download!  This is the first official
> release since Solr entered the Incubator.
>
> The release is available at
>   http://people.apache.org/dist/incubator/solr/1.1/
> and the detailed changelog is at
>   http://people.apache.org/dist/incubator/solr/1.1/CHANGES.txt
>
> Thanks to everyone that helped make this happen!

Wonderful!  Yonik and Hoss should be commended particularly for the
leadership and hard work in putting together this release.

-Mike
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Solr 1.1 released

Thorsten Scherler-3
In reply to this post by Yonik Seeley-2
On Fri, 2006-12-22 at 17:07 -0500, Yonik Seeley wrote:
> Solr 1.1 is now available for download!

Very nice. :)

Thanks a lot to this community and especially to Yonik who packed the
release.

salu2

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Solr Replication and Clustering - Real World Examples

biggy-2
In reply to this post by Yonik Seeley-2

I am evaluating whether to use Solr or Terracotta for clustering Lucene.

Does anyone know how/if Solr can handle say 30 server with 3 requests/sec ?
The replication strategy i have uses JGroups which is unfortunately is unreliable.
How does Solr replicate data across servers for instance ?

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Solr Replication and Clustering - Real World Examples

Yonik Seeley-2
On 12/27/06, Biggy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Does anyone know how/if Solr can handle say 30 server with 3 requests/sec ?

We've only gone to 10 replicated search servers at CNET (and that
number turned out to be way overkill).  For most types of requests, a
single server can handle way more than 3 requests per second.  Much
depends on the types of queries you will be throwing at it, and the
size and nature of your corpus.

> The replication strategy i have uses JGroups which is unfortunately is
> unreliable.
> How does Solr replicate data across servers for instance ?

Searchers use rsync to pull index changes from the master.
It takes a little work to set up (ssh config, etc), but the upside is
that it's all fairly transparent.

-Yonik