Solr 1.2 HTTP Client for Java

12

Solr 1.2 HTTP Client for Java

dma_bamboo
Hi

I've been using one Java client I got from a colleague but I don't know
exactly its version or where to get any update for it. Base package is
org.apache.solr.client (where there are some common packages) and the client
main package is org.apache.solr.client.solrj.

Is it available via Maven2 central repository?

Regards,
Daniel

http://www.bbc.co.uk/

Re: Solr 1.2 HTTP Client for Java

martin.grotzke
On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 11:32 +0100, Daniel Alheiros wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've been using one Java client I got from a colleague but I don't know
> exactly its version or where to get any update for it. Base package is
> org.apache.solr.client (where there are some common packages) and the client
> main package is org.apache.solr.client.solrj.
>
> Is it available via Maven2 central repository?
Have a look at the issue tracker, there's one with solr clients:

I've also used one of them, but to be honest, do not remember which
one ;)

Cheers,
Martin

> Regards,
> Daniel
>

> http://www.bbc.co.uk/
> This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
> Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.

Re: Solr 1.2 HTTP Client for Java

dma_bamboo
Thanks Martin.

I'm using one of them which the optimize command doesn't work properly....
Have you seen the same problem?

Regards,
Daniel

On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 13:13 +0100, Daniel Alheiros wrote:
> Thanks Martin.
>
> I'm using one of them which the optimize command doesn't work properly....
> Have you seen the same problem?
Nope, I'm using the client only for queries - the xml generation /
posting to solr is done by another module in our application, and not
with java.

Cheers,
Martin

> Regards,
> Daniel
>

> On 14/6/07 13:07, "Martin Grotzke" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 11:32 +0100, Daniel Alheiros wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> I've been using one Java client I got from a colleague but I don't know
> >> exactly its version or where to get any update for it. Base package is
> >> org.apache.solr.client (where there are some common packages) and the client
> >> main package is org.apache.solr.client.solrj.
> >>
> >> Is it available via Maven2 central repository?
> > Have a look at the issue tracker, there's one with solr clients:
> > http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-20
> >
> > I've also used one of them, but to be honest, do not remember which
> > one ;)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Martin
> >

> >> Regards,
> >> Daniel
> >>

> >> http://www.bbc.co.uk/
> >> This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal
> >> views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
> >> If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
> >> Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance
> >> on it and notify the sender immediately.
> >> Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
> >> Further communication will signify your consent to this.
> >>

> http://www.bbc.co.uk/
> This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
> Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.

Martin Grotzke
http://www.javakaffee.de/blog/

RE: Solr 1.2 HTTP Client for Java

Will Johnson
The code in http://solrstuff.org/svn/solrj/ is very stable, works with
most all features for both searching and indexing and will be moving
into the main distribution soon as the standard java client library.

- will

wrote:

> > On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 11:32 +0100, Daniel Alheiros wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> I've been using one Java client I got from a colleague but I don't
know
> >> exactly its version or where to get any update for it. Base package
is
> >> org.apache.solr.client (where there are some common packages) and
the client

> >> main package is org.apache.solr.client.solrj.
> >>
> >> Is it available via Maven2 central repository?
> > Have a look at the issue tracker, there's one with solr clients:
> > http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-20
> >
> > I've also used one of them, but to be honest, do not remember which
> > one ;)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Martin
> >

> >> Regards,
> >> Daniel
> >>

> >> http://www.bbc.co.uk/
> >> This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain
personal
> >> views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically
stated.
> >> If you have received it in error, please delete it from your
system.
> >> Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in
reliance

> >> on it and notify the sender immediately.
> >> Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
> >> Further communication will signify your consent to this.
> >>

> http://www.bbc.co.uk/
stated.
reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.

Martin Grotzke
http://www.javakaffee.de/blog/

Re: Solr 1.2 HTTP Client for Java

Thierry Collogne
I tried using that client, but I didn't get any good results while searching
for worst with special characters. I have also searched for documentation
for that client, but didn't find any.

Does anyone know where to find documentation concerning the java client?

On 14/06/07, Will Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The code in http://solrstuff.org/svn/solrj/ is very stable, works with
> most all features for both searching and indexing and will be moving
> into the main distribution soon as the standard java client library.
>
> - will

Can you provide some examples of the searches you were running and the
errors you were getting?

- will

I tried using that client, but I didn't get any good results while
searching
for worst with special characters. I have also searched for
documentation
for that client, but didn't find any.

Does anyone know where to find documentation concerning the java client?

On 14/06/07, Will Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The code in http://solrstuff.org/svn/solrj/ is very stable, works with
> most all features for both searching and indexing and will be moving
> into the main distribution soon as the standard java client library.
>
> - will

Ryan McKinley
I'm working on integrating the solrj client into the official solr
source tree right now.  It should be ready to use (test!) later today...

Once it is in /trunk, it will be easy for us to know what version of
what we are talking about and can definitely help work through any issues.

good good
ryan

Thierry Collogne wrote:

> I tried using that client, but I didn't get any good results while
> searching
> for worst with special characters. I have also searched for documentation
> for that client, but didn't find any.
>
> Does anyone know where to find documentation concerning the java client?
>
> On 14/06/07, Will Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> The code in http://solrstuff.org/svn/solrj/ is very stable, works with
>> most all features for both searching and indexing and will be moving
>> into the main distribution soon as the standard java client library.
>>
>> - will

Excellent.

Any idea if you are going to make it distributable via the central Maven
repo?

It could make things easier for those using maven to build their projects...
Like me :)

Regards,
Daniel

On 14/6/07 17:09, "Ryan McKinley" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm working on integrating the solrj client into the official solr
> source tree right now.  It should be ready to use (test!) later today...
>
> Once it is in /trunk, it will be easy for us to know what version of
> what we are talking about and can definitely help work through any issues.
>
> good good
> ryan
>

> Thierry Collogne wrote:
>> I tried using that client, but I didn't get any good results while
>> searching
>> for worst with special characters. I have also searched for documentation
>> for that client, but didn't find any.
>>
>> Does anyone know where to find documentation concerning the java client?
>>
>> On 14/06/07, Will Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> The code in http://solrstuff.org/svn/solrj/ is very stable, works with
>>> most all features for both searching and indexing and will be moving
>>> into the main distribution soon as the standard java client library.
>>>
>>> - will

It will be included in the next official solr release.  I don't use
maven, but assume all official apache projects are included in their
repo.  If they do nightly snapshots, it will be there

ryan

Re: Solr 1.2 HTTP Client for Java

Sami Siren-2
Ryan McKinley wrote:

>> Any idea if you are going to make it distributable via the central Maven
>> repo?
>>

> It will be included in the next official solr release.  I don't use
> maven, but assume all official apache projects are included in their
> repo.  If they do nightly snapshots, it will be there

Each project must actively push [1] released artifacts to maven
repository, there is no other way of getting them there.

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/release-publishing.html#maven-repo

 Sami Siren

Daniel Alheiros wrote:
> Excellent.

I just added SOLR-20 to trunk.

you will need:
1. checkout trunk
2. ant dist
3. include:
   apache-solr-1.3-dev-common.jar
   apache-solr-1.3-dev-solrj.jar
   solrj-lib/*.jar

Here is the basic interface:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/solr/trunk/client/java/solrj/src/org/apache/solr/client/solrj/SolrServer.java

For example setting up the two implementations:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/solr/trunk/client/java/solrj/test/org/apache/solr/client/solrj/embedded/

server = new CommonsHttpSolrServer( url );
server = new EmbeddedSolrServer( SolrCore.getSolrCore() );

Give it a go!

- - - -

As a side note, trunk has had a LOT of changes recently.  Now (more then
usual) i would recommend against using trunk for anything important.
The API and structure is moving around (1.3 will be compatible with 1.2
API, but there is a good chance something is broken now)

ryan

Re: Solr 1.2 HTTP Client for Java

Otis Gospodnetic-2
Ah, excellent!  Just to clarify - the code you've checked in for SOLR-20 "overrides" everything you had under  http://solrstuff.org/svn/solrj/ and solrj under  http://solrstuff.org/svn/solrj/  will no longer be needed because the solrj client will now be maintained in Solr proper.  Ja?

Thanks,
Otis

Simpy -- http://www.simpy.com/  -  Tag  -  Search  -  Share

Thierry Collogne wrote:

> I tried using that client, but I didn't get any good results while
> searching
> for worst with special characters. I have also searched for documentation
> for that client, but didn't find any.
>
> Does anyone know where to find documentation concerning the java client?
>
> On 14/06/07, Will Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> The code in http://solrstuff.org/svn/solrj/ is very stable, works with
>> most all features for both searching and indexing and will be moving
>> into the main distribution soon as the standard java client library.
>>
>> - will

I have a problem at my work that I am unable to checkout sources from
servers outside our network. I have managed to save the java sources of the
client, but I can't seem to find apache-solr-1.3-dev-common.jar and
apache-solr-1.3-dev-solrj.jar.

Are these jars present in the trunk or do they need to be build as well? Can
someone perhaps send me a jar file containing the latest version of the
client?

On 15/06/07, Otis Gospodnetic <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ah, excellent!  Just to clarify - the code you've checked in for SOLR-20
> "overrides" everything you had under  http://solrstuff.org/svn/solrj/ and
> solrj under  http://solrstuff.org/svn/solrj/  will no longer be needed
> because the solrj client will now be maintained in Solr proper.  Ja?
>
> Thanks,
> Otis
>
> . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
> Simpy -- http://www.simpy.com/  -  Tag  -  Search  -  Share

Just to be clear. This client is compatible with the 1.2 release of solr?

On 15/06/07, Thierry Collogne <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a problem at my work that I am unable to checkout sources from
> servers outside our network. I have managed to save the java sources of the
> client, but I can't seem to find apache-solr-1.3-dev-common.jar and
> apache-solr-1.3-dev-solrj.jar .
>
> Are these jars present in the trunk or do they need to be build as well?
> Can someone perhaps send me a jar file containing the latest version of the
> client?
>
> On 15/06/07, Otis Gospodnetic <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Ah, excellent!  Just to clarify - the code you've checked in for SOLR-20
> > "overrides" everything you had under  http://solrstuff.org/svn/solrj/and solrj under  http://solrstuff.org/svn/solrj/  will
> > no longer be needed because the solrj client will now be maintained in Solr
> > proper.  Ja?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Otis
> >
> > . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
> > Simpy -- http://www.simpy.com/  -  Tag  -  Search  -  Share

rubdabadub
On 6/15/07, Thierry Collogne <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Just to be clear. This client is compatible with the 1.2 release of solr?

Yes, I just tested it.

@Ryan : Thank you very very much!! Been waiting for this happen for a
long time !!

Regards
Rajesh

> On 15/06/07, Thierry Collogne <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I have a problem at my work that I am unable to checkout sources from
> > servers outside our network. I have managed to save the java sources of the
> > client, but I can't seem to find apache-solr-1.3-dev-common.jar and
> > apache-solr-1.3-dev-solrj.jar .
> >
> > Are these jars present in the trunk or do they need to be build as well?
> > Can someone perhaps send me a jar file containing the latest version of the
> > client?
> >
> > On 15/06/07, Otis Gospodnetic <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Ah, excellent!  Just to clarify - the code you've checked in for SOLR-20
> > > "overrides" everything you had under  http://solrstuff.org/svn/solrj/and solrj under  http://solrstuff.org/svn/solrj/  will
> > > no longer be needed because the solrj client will now be maintained in Solr
> > > proper.  Ja?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Otis
> > >
> > > . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
> > > Simpy -- http://www.simpy.com/  -  Tag  -  Search  -  Share

Nice. Can someone please send me an already build version of the client with
the required libraries? I am unable to check out the source code at my work.

Thank you.

On 15/06/07, rubdabadub <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 6/15/07, Thierry Collogne <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Just to be clear. This client is compatible with the 1.2 release of
> solr?
>
> Yes, I just tested it.
>
> @Ryan : Thank you very very much!! Been waiting for this happen for a
> long time !!
>
> Regards
> Rajesh
>

> > On 15/06/07, Thierry Collogne <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > I have a problem at my work that I am unable to checkout sources from
> > > servers outside our network. I have managed to save the java sources
> of the
> > > client, but I can't seem to find apache-solr-1.3-dev-common.jar and
> > > apache-solr-1.3-dev-solrj.jar .
> > >
> > > Are these jars present in the trunk or do they need to be build as
> well?
> > > Can someone perhaps send me a jar file containing the latest version
> of the
> > > client?

> SOLR-20
> http://solrstuff.org/svn/solrj/and solrj under
> http://solrstuff.org/svn/solrj/  will
> in Solr

I have the same problem here... Can someone put a build of this client
version available for download?

Regards,
Daniel

On 15/6/07 09:39, "Thierry Collogne" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Nice. Can someone please send me an already build version of the client with
> the required libraries? I am unable to check out the source code at my work.
>
> Thank you.
>
> On 15/06/07, rubdabadub <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On 6/15/07, Thierry Collogne <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Just to be clear. This client is compatible with the 1.2 release of
>> solr?
>>
>> Yes, I just tested it.
>>
>> @Ryan : Thank you very very much!! Been waiting for this happen for a
>> long time !!
>>
>> Regards
>> Rajesh

>> of the

>> well?
>> of the

>> SOLR-20
>> http://solrstuff.org/svn/solrj/and solrj under
>> http://solrstuff.org/svn/solrj/  will
>> in Solr

I have managed to get the sources and made a build. Can I send them directly
to you? The 2 jars are about 130 kb.

Thierry Collogne wrote:
> Just to be clear. This client is compatible with the 1.2 release of solr?

Yes.  Assuming you use default values, it should also work against 1.1.

12