Solr 1.4 and Nutch 1.0 Integration

Dean Del Ponte-2
I'm new to Solr, but I'm interested in setting it up to act like a google
search appliance to crawl and index my website.

It's my understanding that nutch provides the web crawling but needs to be
integrated with Solr in order to get a google search appliance type
experience.

Two questions:

1.  Is the scenario I'm outlining above possible?
2.  If it is possible, where may I found documentation describing how to set
up a Solr/Nutch instance?

Thanks for your help,

Dean Del Ponte

Re: Solr 1.4 and Nutch 1.0 Integration

Otis Gospodnetic-2
Dean,

In general, you'll get more help about Nutch with Solr on the Nutch list than on the Solr one.

Here it the info:

http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/RunningNutchAndSolr

 Otis
----
Sematext :: http://sematext.com/ :: Solr - Lucene - Nutch

> I'm new to Solr, but I'm interested in setting it up to act like a
> google
search appliance to crawl and index my website.

It's my
> understanding that nutch provides the web crawling but needs to be
integrated
> with Solr in order to get a google search appliance
> type
experience.

Two questions:

1.  Is the scenario I'm

Dean Del Ponte

Re: Solr 1.4 and Nutch 1.0 Integration

Dean Del Ponte-2
Thanks!

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 10:24 AM, Otis Gospodnetic <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dean,
>
> In general, you'll get more help about Nutch with Solr on the Nutch list
> than on the Solr one.
>
> Here it the info:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/RunningNutchAndSolr
>
>  Otis
> ----
> Sematext :: http://sematext.com/ :: Solr - Lucene - Nutch

LocalParams, quotes, bug?

Jonathan Rochkind
So using LocalParams with dollar-sign references to other parameters.

In LocalParams in general, you can use single-quotes for values that
have spaces in them:

{!dismax qf='field^5 field2^10'}    =>   no problem

And even if the value does not have spaces, you can use single quotes
too, why not:

{!dismax qf='field'}   => no problem

But when it comes to dollar sign variable dereferences, this does not
seem to be true.

{!dismax qf=$some_qf}   => no problem, and debugQuery reveals it is
indeed using the qf I desire.

{!dismax qf='$some_qf'}  => Solr throws "undefined field $some_qf".

Is this a bug in Solr?

Re: LocalParams, quotes, bug?

Yonik Seeley-2-2
On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 3:27 PM, Jonathan Rochkind <[hidden email]> wrote:
> {!dismax qf=$some_qf}   => no problem, and debugQuery reveals it is indeed
> using the qf I desire.
>
> {!dismax qf='$some_qf'}  => Solr throws "undefined field $some_qf".
>
> Is this a bug in Solr?

Nope, it's by design.
Parameter referencing is pretty simple... the only thing that works is
a bare foo=$bar

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com