Solr 6.6 UNLOAD core broken?

ahubold
Hi,

I just tried to update from Solr 6.5.1 to Solr 6.6.0 and observed a
changed behaviour with regard to unloading cores in Solr standalone mode.

After unloading a core using the CoreAdmin API (e.g. via Admin UI), I
still get search results for that core. It seems, the search request
triggers automatic recreation of the core now. With Solr 6.5.1 search
requests to unloaded cores were answered with 404 as expected.

Can you confirm this being a bug in 6.6.0 or is this an intended change?

Cheers,
Andreas

Re: Solr 6.6 UNLOAD core broken?

simon-2
I'm seeing the same behavior. The CoreAdminAPI call (as generated by the
Admin UI) looks correct, and the core.properties file is removed.

I don't see anything in the CHANGES.txt for this release which would imply
such a change in behavior, nor anything in the 6.6 reference guide, so it
looks like a bug.

-Simon

On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 5:14 AM, Andreas Hubold <[hidden email]

> I just tried to update from Solr 6.5.1 to Solr 6.6.0 and observed a
> changed behaviour with regard to unloading cores in Solr standalone mode.
>
> After unloading a core using the CoreAdmin API (e.g. via Admin UI), I
> still get search results for that core. It seems, the search request
> triggers automatic recreation of the core now. With Solr 6.5.1 search
> requests to unloaded cores were answered with 404 as expected.
>
> Can you confirm this being a bug in 6.6.0 or is this an intended change?
>
> Cheers,
> Andreas

Re: Solr 6.6 UNLOAD core broken?

Mikhail Khludnev-2
Hello,

Reproduced and raised https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10857
Have no workaround, besides of request delete index dir on UNLOAD.
Thanks for head up.

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

Re: Solr 6.6 UNLOAD core broken?

Erick Erickson
Digging. Likely a result of SOLR-10007 and associated.