Solr 7.2.1 OOME

Antony Alphonse
Hi,

I am trying to get some help on frequent OOME I am seeing in my collection. I have a single shard with four replicas. Each replica runs on a 10G heap. I have around 12 mil documents with size on disk around 15G. From the plot below, it looks to me that full GC are taking longer time. I am looking for suggestion whether I should look into G1 or tune the heap.

Thanks
AA

Re: Solr 7.2.1 OOME

Paras Lehana
Hi Antony,

Each replica runs on a 10G heap.

Is the min and max heap size same 10G? If full GCs are taking time, have
you tried decreasing the heap to say 4-6GB? Nice article
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/ShawnHeisey#G1_.28Garbage_First.29_Collector>
by Shawn. Also, your image will probably not reach everyone - try hosting
on another site. There are many GC reporting sites too.

On Thu, 7 Nov 2019 at 09:20, Antony Alphonse <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get some help on frequent OOME I am seeing in my
> collection. I have a single shard with four replicas. Each replica runs on
> a 10G heap. I have around 12 mil documents with size on disk around 15G.
> From the plot below, it looks to me that full GC are taking longer time. I
> am looking for suggestion whether I should look into G1 or tune the heap.
>

> [image: image.png]
>
> Thanks
> AA

*Paras Lehana* [65871]
Development Engineer, Auto-Suggest,
IndiaMART Intermesh Ltd.

8th Floor, Tower A, Advant-Navis Business Park, Sector 142,
Noida, UP, IN - 201303

Mob.: +91-9560911996
Work: 01203916600 | Extn:  *8173*

--
IMPORTANT:
NEVER share your IndiaMART OTP/ Password with anyone.