Solr 7.5 seed up, accuracy details

Rajdeep Sahoo
Hi all,
Is there any way I can get the speed up,accuracy details i.e. performance
improvements of solr 7.5 in comparison with solr 4.6
  Currently,we are using solr 4.6 and we are in a process to upgrade to
solr 7.5. Need these details.

Thanks in advance

Re: Solr 7.5 seed up, accuracy details

Jörn Franke
This highly depends on how you designed your collections etc. - there is no general answer. You have to do a performance test based on your configuration and documents.

I also recommend to check the Solr documentation on how to design a collection for 7.x and maybe start even from scratch defining it with a new fresh schema (using the schema api instead of schema.xml and solrconfig.xml etc). You will have anyway to reindex everything so it is a also a good opportunity to look at your existing processes and optimize them.

> Am 28.12.2019 um 15:19 schrieb Rajdeep Sahoo <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi all,
> Is there any way I can get the speed up,accuracy details i.e. performance
> improvements of solr 7.5 in comparison with solr 4.6
>  Currently,we are using solr 4.6 and we are in a process to upgrade to
> solr 7.5. Need these details.
>
> Thanks in advance

Re: Solr 7.5 seed up, accuracy details

Rajdeep Sahoo
Thank you for the information
      Why you are recommending to use the schema api instead of schema xml?

On Sat, 28 Dec, 2019, 8:01 PM Jörn Franke, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This highly depends on how you designed your collections etc. - there is
> no general answer. You have to do a performance test based on your
> configuration and documents.
>
> I also recommend to check the Solr documentation on how to design a
> collection for 7.x and maybe start even from scratch defining it with a new
> fresh schema (using the schema api instead of schema.xml and solrconfig.xml
> etc). You will have anyway to reindex everything so it is a also a good
> opportunity to look at your existing processes and optimize them.
>
> > Am 28.12.2019 um 15:19 schrieb Rajdeep Sahoo <[hidden email]
> >:
> >
> > Hi all,
> > Is there any way I can get the speed up,accuracy details i.e. performance
> > improvements of solr 7.5 in comparison with solr 4.6
> >  Currently,we are using solr 4.6 and we are in a process to upgrade to
> > solr 7.5. Need these details.
> >
> > Thanks in advance

Re: Solr 7.5 speed up, accuracy details

Rajdeep Sahoo
Hi all,
  How can I get the performance improvement features in indexing and search
in solr 7.5...

On Sat, 28 Dec, 2019, 9:18 PM Rajdeep Sahoo, <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thank you for the information
>       Why you are recommending to use the schema api instead of schema xml?
>

> On Sat, 28 Dec, 2019, 8:01 PM Jörn Franke, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> This highly depends on how you designed your collections etc. - there is
>> no general answer. You have to do a performance test based on your
>> configuration and documents.
>>
>> I also recommend to check the Solr documentation on how to design a
>> collection for 7.x and maybe start even from scratch defining it with a new
>> fresh schema (using the schema api instead of schema.xml and solrconfig.xml
>> etc). You will have anyway to reindex everything so it is a also a good
>> opportunity to look at your existing processes and optimize them.
>>
>> > Am 28.12.2019 um 15:19 schrieb Rajdeep Sahoo <
>> [hidden email]>:
>> >
>> > Hi all,
>> > Is there any way I can get the speed up,accuracy details i.e.
>> performance
>> > improvements of solr 7.5 in comparison with solr 4.6
>> >  Currently,we are using solr 4.6 and we are in a process to upgrade to
>> > solr 7.5. Need these details.
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance

Re: Solr 7.5 speed up, accuracy details

David Hastings
There is no increase in speed, but features. Doc values add some but it’s hard to quantify, and some people think solr cloud has speed increases but I don’t think they exist when hardware cost is nonexistent and it adds too much complexity to something that should be simple.

> On Dec 28, 2019, at 12:52 PM, Rajdeep Sahoo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>  How can I get the performance improvement features in indexing and search
> in solr 7.5...
>
>> On Sat, 28 Dec, 2019, 9:18 PM Rajdeep Sahoo, <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Thank you for the information
>>      Why you are recommending to use the schema api instead of schema xml?
>>

>>> On Sat, 28 Dec, 2019, 8:01 PM Jörn Franke, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> This highly depends on how you designed your collections etc. - there is
>>> no general answer. You have to do a performance test based on your
>>> configuration and documents.
>>>
>>> I also recommend to check the Solr documentation on how to design a
>>> collection for 7.x and maybe start even from scratch defining it with a new
>>> fresh schema (using the schema api instead of schema.xml and solrconfig.xml
>>> etc). You will have anyway to reindex everything so it is a also a good
>>> opportunity to look at your existing processes and optimize them.

>>> performance

Re: Solr 7.5 seed up, accuracy details

Paras Lehana
I usually keep older and newer Solr versions on different server with same
configuration. Then, use jmeter with same parameters and compare the
results. Make sure settings like environment settings (JVM, GC) and core
configuration (Cache) are in sync and you restart both of them before
testing.

On Sat, 28 Dec 2019 at 21:18, Rajdeep Sahoo <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thank you for the information
>       Why you are recommending to use the schema api instead of schema xml?
>

> On Sat, 28 Dec, 2019, 8:01 PM Jörn Franke, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > This highly depends on how you designed your collections etc. - there is
> > no general answer. You have to do a performance test based on your
> > configuration and documents.
> >
> > I also recommend to check the Solr documentation on how to design a
> > collection for 7.x and maybe start even from scratch defining it with a
> new
> > fresh schema (using the schema api instead of schema.xml and
> solrconfig.xml
> > etc). You will have anyway to reindex everything so it is a also a good
> > opportunity to look at your existing processes and optimize them.
> >
> > > Am 28.12.2019 um 15:19 schrieb Rajdeep Sahoo <
> [hidden email]
> > >:
> > >
> > > Hi all,
> > > Is there any way I can get the speed up,accuracy details i.e.
> performance
> > > improvements of solr 7.5 in comparison with solr 4.6
> > >  Currently,we are using solr 4.6 and we are in a process to upgrade to
> > > solr 7.5. Need these details.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance

*Paras Lehana* [65871]
Development Engineer, Auto-Suggest,
IndiaMART Intermesh Ltd.

8th Floor, Tower A, Advant-Navis Business Park, Sector 142,
Noida, UP, IN - 201303

Mob.: +91-9560911996
Work: 01203916600 | Extn:  *8173*

--