Solr 8.2 - Added Field - can't facet using alias

Solr 8.2 - Added Field - can't facet using alias

Joe Obernberger
Hi All, I've added a field with:

curl -X POST -H 'Content-type:application/json' --data-binary
'{"add-field":{"name":"FaceCluster","type":"plongs","stored":false,"multiValued":true,"indexed":true}}'
http://miranda:9100/solr/UNCLASS_2019_8_5_36/schema

It returned success.  In the UI, when I examine the schema, it shows up
but does not list 'schema' with the check-boxes for Indexed/DocValues
etc..  It only lists Properties for FaceCluster.  Other plong fields
that were added a while back and show both properties and schema.
While I can facet on this field using an alias, I get 'Error from server
at null: undefined field: FaceCluster'.  If I search an individual solr
collection, I can facet on it.

Any ideas?

-Joe

Re: Solr 8.2 - Added Field - can't facet using alias

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
Are you querying across multiple collections? In that case you have to add the field to all those collections. You have not shown us your facet query.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com