Solr 8.3.0

vishal patel-2

I have created 2 shards of Solr 8.3.0. We have created 27 collections using the below
http://191.162.100.148:7971/solr/admin/collections?_=1573813004271&action=CREATE&autoAddReplicas=false&collection.configName=actionscomments&maxShardsPerNode=1&name=actionscomments&numShards=2&replicationFactor=1&router.name=compositeId&wt=json

After the re-indexing Data, I want to add a replica of each shard. How can I add a replica without re-creating collection and re-indexing?
Can I add one more shard dynamically without re-creating collections and re-indexing?

Solr 8.3.0

vishal patel-2
I have created 2 shards of Solr 8.3.0. After I have created 10 collections and also re-indexed data.

Some fields are changed in one collection. I deleted a version-2 folder from zoo_data and up config that collection.

Is it necessary to create all collections again? Also indexing data again?

Regards,
Vishal

Re: Solr 8.3.0

The Collections API ADDREPLICA command.

Best,
Erick

> On Nov 18, 2019, at 12:48 AM, vishal patel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> I have created 2 shards of Solr 8.3.0. We have created 27 collections using the below
> http://191.162.100.148:7971/solr/admin/collections?_=1573813004271&action=CREATE&autoAddReplicas=false&collection.configName=actionscomments&maxShardsPerNode=1&name=actionscomments&numShards=2&replicationFactor=1&router.name=compositeId&wt=json
>

> After the re-indexing Data, I want to add a replica of each shard. How can I add a replica without re-creating collection and re-indexing?
> Can I add one more shard dynamically without re-creating collections and re-indexing?

Regards,
Vishal

Re: Solr 8.3.0

vishal patel-2
My autoAddReplicas is false. Is it necessary to change? Also, the replication factor is 1. Need to update?

Regards,
Vishal

________________________________
> On Nov 18, 2019, at 12:48 AM, vishal patel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> I have created 2 shards of Solr 8.3.0. We have created 27 collections using the below
> http://191.162.100.148:7971/solr/admin/collections?_=1573813004271&action=CREATE&autoAddReplicas=false&collection.configName=actionscomments&maxShardsPerNode=1&name=actionscomments&numShards=2&replicationFactor=1&router.name=compositeId&wt=json
>

> After the re-indexing Data, I want to add a replica of each shard. How can I add a replica without re-creating collection and re-indexing?
> Can I add one more shard dynamically without re-creating collections and re-indexing?

Re: Need to recreate collection when version-2 folder deleted in zookeeper

Almost certainly. You can recreate all the “state.json” znodes “by hand”, but that’ll be very, very difficult to get right.

It’s possible you have  ZK snapshot laying around you can restore, you’ll have to look.

Best,
Erick