Solr Best Version

Alessandro Benedetti-4
Hi all,
I'm going to develop a search architecture solr based and i wonder if you
could suggest me which Solr version will suite best my needs.
I have 10 Solr machines which use replication, sharding and multi-core ; 1
Solr server would index Documents (Xml, *Pdf*,Text ... ) on a *NFS*
*v3*Filesystem (i know it's a bad practise but it has been required by
the
customer) while the others will search over the Index.

My first idea is to use Solr 1.4.1 but i would like to know which version
(1.4.1,branch 3.x, trunk ....) you suggest (I need a stable version ).

Thanks in advance for your help

Best Regards
--
--------------------------

Benedetti Alessandro
Personal Page: http://tigerbolt.altervista.org

"Tyger, tyger burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?"

Re: Solr Best Version

Peter
we are using 1.4.0 without any major problems so far. (So, I would use
1.4.1 for the next app, just to have the latest version.)
the trunk is also nice to use fuzzy search performance boosts.

Peter.

http://karussell.wordpress.com/

Re: Solr Best Version

Tom Burton-West
Solr 1.4.1 should work fine unless there is a particular bug fix in the 3.x branch that you need.

Tom Burton-West

Re: Solr Best Version

Tommaso Teofili
Hi all,
I read in a previous thread [1] that also the branch3.x version could be a
good choice, but I don't know what differences exist at the moment between
the two versions and how stable branch3.x is. Maybe someone else could point
these things out.
My 0.0002 cents.
Tommaso

[1] : http://markmail.org/thread/y46ljhfhfgk3geir