Solr Cloud 8.5.1 - HDFS and Erasure Coding

Solr Cloud 8.5.1 - HDFS and Erasure Coding

Joe Obernberger
Anyone use Solr with Erasure Coding on HDFS?  Is that supported?

Thank you

-Joe

Re: Solr Cloud 8.5.1 - HDFS and Erasure Coding

Jörn Franke
I am not aware of a test. However keep
In mind that HDFS supported will be deprecated.

Additionally - you can configure erasure encoding in HDFS on a per folder / file basis so you could in the worst case just make the folder for Solr with the standard HDFS mode.

Erasure encoding has several limitations (eg possibility to append etc) so I would be at least sceptical if it works and do extensive testing .