Solr Clustering example

Grant Ingersoll-2
Does anyone recall why the Carrot2 stuff is disabled by default in the Solr example?  If my memory serves, it was due to the licensing issues that required the user to download certain libs.  Was there any other?  In other words, I'd like to enable it by default, as I have hooked it into the Solritas /browse example.

-Grant

Re: Solr Clustering example

Chris Hostetter-3

: Does anyone recall why the Carrot2 stuff is disabled by default in the
: Solr example?  If my memory serves, it was due to the licensing issues
: that required the user to download certain libs.  Was there any other?
: In other words, I'd like to enable it by default, as I have hooked it
: into the Solritas /browse example.

I *think* the only issue was that since we didn't ship the jars, the
component is disabled by default so SOlr can startup properly.  If you
downloaded the jars yourself, you could add one system property and have
it all working.

if the jars can/are now included in the Solr distribution, that's probably
not needed -- but we still probably want to only use the clustering
component in a special handler declaration so that it doesn't affect the
performance of the default handler for people who aren't looking for it.