Solr Instance Migration - Server Access

Landon Cowan
Hello!  I’m working on a website for a client that was migrated from another website development company.  The previous company used Solr to build out the site search – but they did not send us the server credentials.  The developers who built the tool are no longer with the company – is there a process we should follow to secure the credentials?  I worry we may need to rebuild the feature from the ground up.

Re: Solr Instance Migration - Server Access

Charlie Hull-3
If you can get the server login details you should be able to copy the
Solr installation and its configuration. If not, then Solr itself
doesn't provide any way to get them - it's just a search engine, it's
not responsible for securing a server in any way.

Charlie

--
Charlie Hull
OpenSource Connections, previously Flax

tel/fax: +44 (0)8700 118334
mobile:  +44 (0)7767 825828
web: www.o19s.com

Re: Solr Instance Migration - Server Access

matthew sporleder
If it's solrcloud + zookeeper you can get most of the configs from the
"tree" browser on the console: /solr/#/~cloud?view=tree

You can otherwise derive a lot of the configs/schema/data-import
properties from the web console and api, neither of which require
server access.

It is also possible to get into servers where you do not have the
passwords assuming you have physical access/cloud console access/etc
but that is not a solr question.