Solr/Lucene Mail Groups

kamaci
Hi All,

Solr/Lucene @dev mail list includes both @dev conversations, GitHub notifications, and Jira notifications.

This may not be a problem and I know that it is possible to filter such e-mails but what do you think about to have such e-mail groups i.e. [issues@, builds@ | notifications@]?

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI

Re: Solr/Lucene Mail Groups

david.w.smiley@gmail.com
Eh, I think it's fine as-is.  Separate lists means separate things to subscribe to, and not subscribing to some means only a partial view on the full scope of development activity.  The separate types of messages to the lists are possible to detect easily enough with email filters.  I do this to draw attention to dev messages (that aren't from other sources) since I want to ensure I read all of them.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 3:10 AM Furkan KAMACI <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

Solr/Lucene @dev mail list includes both @dev conversations, GitHub notifications, and Jira notifications.

This may not be a problem and I know that it is possible to filter such e-mails but what do you think about to have such e-mail groups i.e. [issues@, builds@ | notifications@]?

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI

Re: Solr/Lucene Mail Groups

Jason Gerlowski
I have no idea how easy/hard/painful that change would be, but in
theory I'd be in favor of seeing it done.  The problem is easily
solvable with mail-filters, but relying on that as a solution makes
everyone go through the same work.  Also, I've found that they
occasionally break on project changes e.g. the recent gitbox
migration.  (Maybe my filters are just too brittle though).

Just my two cents.