Solr Schema API: Deprecation warning for GET operations?

Solr Schema API: Deprecation warning for GET operations?

Alexandre Rafalovitch
Hello,

I am using Solr 5.5 and getting deprecation warning when hitting with
GET /collection/schema/fieldtypes/name

I am confused. In the SOLR-6594, we deprecated PUT/POST, but
explicitly said that GET is ok.

But if it is ok, why am I getting a warning:
..... "warn":"This API is deprecated"}

Is there a better GET/read API I should be using instead?

Regards,
   Alex.

Re: Solr Schema API: Deprecation warning for GET operations?

Malcolm Upayavira Holmes
I think you are supposed to be using the bulk api. I think that is what
the new UI is using.

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016, at 01:18 AM, Alexandre Rafalovitch wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using Solr 5.5 and getting deprecation warning when hitting with
> GET /collection/schema/fieldtypes/name
>
> I am confused. In the SOLR-6594, we deprecated PUT/POST, but
> explicitly said that GET is ok.
>
> But if it is ok, why am I getting a warning:
> ..... "warn":"This API is deprecated"}
>
> Is there a better GET/read API I should be using instead?
>
> Regards,
>    Alex.

Re: Solr Schema API: Deprecation warning for GET operations?

Noble Paul നോബിള്‍  नोब्ळ्
yeah GET should work. The old REST methods served by the restlet
should now be ported over to the SchemaHandler.

I shall open a JIRA and track this