Solr Users' Slack

Ishan Chattopadhyaya
Hi devs,

We support two ways of providing support: mailing list and IRC.
While solr-users' list has been great for support, many users have expressed the need for more real time support. IRC, alas, has fallen out of favour these days among developers, and Slack (and others) have gained popularity.

I've recently published an informal poll on this issue:

Based on the positive response, I setup a slack org for this purpose. Since I didn't want to make this an official medium of support, I just setup a bi-directional relay against our IRC. Hence, there's perhaps no change needed to our official guidance for seeking support, but this slack can be seen as an unofficial IRC client/proxy.

Are there any concerns/objections to this approach? I would appreciate if you please join it https://apachesolr.slack.com/join/shared_invite/zt-jzazjtt3-ug05O_XUHI1UJGVTgdrE~g#/ and give it a try, before we announce it over the solr-users' list and elsewhere.

Regards,
Ishan