Solr admin interface freezes on Chrome

Mel Mason
Hi,

Is anyone else experiencing problems using the admin interface on
Chrome? It's been working for us for years, but suddenly this last week
it's started freezing. It works fine until I run any query on a core,
and then it'll return the data but then the page freezes and I can't
scroll it. No obvious console errors. Works fine on Firefox, and I
haven't made any changes to our Solr instance (v8.1.1) in a while.

Mel Mason
Software Engineer
Bodleian Digital Library Systems and Services
Osney One
Mon-Thurs

01865 280031

Re: Solr admin interface freezes on Chrome

Lucky Sharma
+1 for Mee too, I guess there are some API calls,

PS: looking Into the same

On Wed, 2 Oct, 2019, 9:17 pm Mel Mason, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is anyone else experiencing problems using the admin interface on
> Chrome? It's been working for us for years, but suddenly this last week
> it's started freezing. It works fine until I run any query on a core,
> and then it'll return the data but then the page freezes and I can't
> scroll it. No obvious console errors. Works fine on Firefox, and I
> haven't made any changes to our Solr instance (v8.1.1) in a while.

> Mel Mason
> Software Engineer
> Bodleian Digital Library Systems and Services
> Osney One
> Mon-Thurs
>
> 01865 280031

Re: Solr admin interface freezes on Chrome

ndra
> Works fine on Firefox, and I
> haven't made any changes to our Solr instance (v8.1.1) in a while.

Had a co-worker with a similar issue. He had a pop-blocker enabled in
chrome that was preventing some resource call (or something similar). When
switching to Firefox everything worked without issue.  Any chance something
is showing in the developer tools console?

Re: Solr admin interface freezes on Chrome

Yonik Seeley
Can someone open a JIRA to track this problem?
-Yonik

On Wed, Oct 2, 2019 at 7:04 PM Solr User <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > Works fine on Firefox, and I
> > haven't made any changes to our Solr instance (v8.1.1) in a while.
>
> Had a co-worker with a similar issue. He had a pop-blocker enabled in
> chrome that was preventing some resource call (or something similar). When
> switching to Firefox everything worked without issue.  Any chance something
> is showing in the developer tools console?

Re: Solr admin interface freezes on Chrome

Jörn Franke
I think it is a Chrome issue. I observed the same, but it disappeared. I guess due to Chrome update.