Solr as a windows service

thusharanv631
Hi,

I am using solr 8.3 and I need it to use as a running background windows service. After the 5x release it’s not supporting external container as tomcat so what is the steps to use it as a background windows service running automatically. I used nssm to achieve this but other than that any thing possible or can deploy it still with tomcat?
Regards,

Thushara

Re: Solr as a windows service

Paras Lehana
Hey Thushara,

Have you followed Installing Solr
<https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_3/installing-solr.html> for
Windows already?

On Sat, 9 Nov 2019 at 10:42, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using solr 8.3 and I need it to use as a running background windows
> service. After the 5x release it’s not supporting external container as
> tomcat so what is the steps to use it as a background windows service
> running automatically. I used nssm to achieve this but other than that any
> thing possible or can deploy it still with tomcat?
> Regards,
>
> Thushara

*Paras Lehana* [65871]
Development Engineer, Auto-Suggest,
IndiaMART Intermesh Ltd.

8th Floor, Tower A, Advant-Navis Business Park, Sector 142,
Noida, UP, IN - 201303

Mob.: +91-9560911996
Work: 01203916600 | Extn:  *8173*

--
IMPORTANT:
NEVER share your IndiaMART OTP/ Password with anyone.