Solr - autocommit params

dma_bamboo
Hi

I've configured my Solr instance using autocommit in the following way:

    <!-- autocommit pending docs if certain criteria are met -->
<autoCommit>        <!-- autocommit if there are 1000 documents pending -->
<maxDocs>1000</maxDocs>                <!-- autocommit it has been more than
1 minute without one -->         <!-- maxtime value is expressed in ms -->
<maxTime>60000</maxTime>    </autoCommit>

But it¹s only considering the maxtime now. I¹ve used the maxdocs before and
it worked, but after I defined both, only the maxtime is being considered.

Is it a known bug of 1.2 release?

And I have a question, if I define the maxtime it will only issue a commit
if there are pending documents, is that correct?

Regards,
Daniel

http://www.bbc.co.uk/

Re: Solr - autocommit params

Mike Klaas
On 25-Jun-07, at 8:02 AM, Daniel Alheiros wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've configured my Solr instance using autocommit in the following
> way:
>
>     <!-- autocommit pending docs if certain criteria are met -->
> <autoCommit>        <!-- autocommit if there are 1000 documents
> pending -->
> <maxDocs>1000</maxDocs>                <!-- autocommit it has been
> more than
> 1 minute without one -->         <!-- maxtime value is expressed in
> ms -->
> <maxTime>60000</maxTime>    </autoCommit>
>
> But it’s only considering the maxtime now. I’ve used the maxdocs
> before and
> it worked, but after I defined both, only the maxtime is being
> considered.
>
> Is it a known bug of 1.2 release?

It hadn't been known, but I verified the problem with the example in
a fresh checkout.  Thanks for the report!

> And I have a question, if I define the maxtime it will only issue a
> commit
> if there are pending documents, is that correct?

That is correct.

-Mike

Re: Solr - autocommit params

Mike Klaas
On 25-Jun-07, at 8:02 AM, Daniel Alheiros wrote:

> I've configured my Solr instance using autocommit in the following
> way:
>
>     <!-- autocommit pending docs if certain criteria are met -->
> <autoCommit>        <!-- autocommit if there are 1000 documents
> pending -->
> <maxDocs>1000</maxDocs>                <!-- autocommit it has been
> more than
> 1 minute without one -->         <!-- maxtime value is expressed in
> ms -->
> <maxTime>60000</maxTime>    </autoCommit>
>
> But it’s only considering the maxtime now. I’ve used the maxdocs
> before and
> it worked, but after I defined both, only the maxtime is being
> considered.
>
> Is it a known bug of 1.2 release?

FYI, this is now fixed in trunk.

best,