Solr cloud weird behaviour

Andreas Weichhart
Hi guys

i have a little bit of a problem for some time now and can't finde any
solution nor have i any idea why this is happening :)

So i'm running a solr cloud for my project at work 3 zks, 4 solrs, and i'm
indexing through jsolr because i'm indexing xml files --> parsing them
first and creating solr documents and then putting them on the solr.

so my problem scenario is as follows:

I do a full import, i have erverything indexed, commited and optimized at
least that what i do in the java code and in the webapp it shows me that
every collection is commited/optimzed

So when i check the next day (have a db too where all my documents are
referenced) i'm suddendly missing files on the solr and i have no idea how
they got lost :)

any idea how this could happen?

cheers andi

Re: Solr cloud weird behaviour

Erick Erickson
When you say "missing files", do you mean the index segments are missing or
what?

Are your document counts the same the night before and after? Is there any
indexing
going on?

We need some more specifics if we're to help you. If you do have indexing
going on,
then you might be getting segment merges. The key is whether documents are
disappearing from your index when you search.

Best,
Erick