Solr healthcheck fails all the time

amruth
I am running Solr Cloud 6.6 and all the nodes fail healthcheck too frequently
with *Read Timed out * error. Here is the stacktrace,

http://solr-host1:8983/solr/collection1/admin/ping is DOWN, error:
HTTPConnectionPool(host='solr-host1', port=8983): Read timed out. (read
timeout=1). Connection failed after 1001 ms

Can someone please say why it fails all the time?(at least once every 10min)

Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-User-f472068.html

Re: Solr healthcheck fails all the time

Houston Putman
Hello,

Could you provide some more information about your cloud, for example:

   - The number of requests that it handles per minute
   - How much data you are indexing
   - If there is any memory pressure

The ping handler merely sends a query to the collection and makes sure that
it responds healthily. Can you check your schema to see what the query is
that it is sending? The ping query may be more expensive than you think.
Also is the ping using distrib=true or false in the query?