Solr logo poll

12

Solr logo poll

Yonik Seeley-2
Quick poll...  Solr 2.1 release planning is underway, and a new logo
may be a part of that.
What "form" of logo do you prefer, A or B?  There may be further
tweaks to these pictures, but I'd like to get a sense of what the user
community likes.

A) http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12349897/logo-solr-d.jpg

B) http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12353535/12353535_solr-nick.gif

Just respond to this thread with your preference.

Re: Solr logo poll

Walter Underwood, Netflix
A --wunder

On 4/6/07 10:51 AM, "Yonik Seeley" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Quick poll...  Solr 2.1 release planning is underway, and a new logo
> may be a part of that.
> What "form" of logo do you prefer, A or B?  There may be further
> tweaks to these pictures, but I'd like to get a sense of what the user
> community likes.
>
> A) http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12349897/logo-solr-d.jpg
>
> B)

http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12353535/12353535_solr-nick.gi>

> Just respond to this thread with your preference.
>
> -Yonik

Re: Solr logo poll

sfox-2
A.

Yonik Seeley wrote:

> Quick poll...  Solr 2.1 release planning is underway, and a new logo
> may be a part of that.
> What "form" of logo do you prefer, A or B?  There may be further
> tweaks to these pictures, but I'd like to get a sense of what the user
> community likes.
>
> A) http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12349897/logo-solr-d.jpg
>
> B)
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12353535/12353535_solr-nick.gif
>

> Just respond to this thread with your preference.
>
> -Yonik

Technical Director | Science Education Resource Center | Carleton College

Re: Solr logo poll

Michael Plax

Michael
> Quick poll...  Solr 2.1 release planning is underway, and a new logo
> may be a part of that.
> What "form" of logo do you prefer, A or B?  There may be further
> tweaks to these pictures, but I'd like to get a sense of what the user
> community likes.
>
> A)
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12349897/logo-solr-d.jpg
>
> B)
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12353535/12353535_solr-nick.gif
>
> Just respond to this thread with your preference.
>
> -Yonik

Re: Solr logo poll

Bess Sadler
I prefer A. B seems too cartoon-y.

Bess

On Apr 6, 2007, at 1:51 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:

> Quick poll...  Solr 2.1 release planning is underway, and a new logo
> may be a part of that.
> What "form" of logo do you prefer, A or B?  There may be further
> tweaks to these pictures, but I'd like to get a sense of what the user
> community likes.
>
> A) http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12349897/logo-
> solr-d.jpg
>
> B) http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/
> 12353535/12353535_solr-nick.gif
>
> Just respond to this thread with your preference.
>
> -Yonik

Elizabeth (Bess) Sadler
Head, Technical and Metadata Services
Digital Scholarship Services
Box 400129
Alderman Library
University of Virginia
Charlottesville, VA 22904

[hidden email]
(434) 243-2305

Re: Solr logo poll

Ryan McKinley

> Quick poll...  Solr 2.1 release planning is underway, and a new logo
> may be a part of that.
> What "form" of logo do you prefer, A or B?  There may be further
> tweaks to these pictures, but I'd like to get a sense of what the user
> community likes.
>
> A) http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12349897/logo-solr-d.jpg
>
> B) http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12353535/12353535_solr-nick.gif
>
> Just respond to this thread with your preference.
>
> -Yonik

RE: Solr logo poll

Daniel Pitts-4

I like A bit better than B. To me, B looks like its out of a 90's kids
show. (No offense to the creator of that image)

Re: Solr logo poll

Erik Hatcher

On Apr 6, 2007, at 1:51 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:

> Quick poll...  Solr 2.1 release planning is underway, and a new logo
> may be a part of that.
> What "form" of logo do you prefer, A or B?  There may be further
> tweaks to these pictures, but I'd like to get a sense of what the user
> community likes.
>
> A) http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12349897/logo-
> solr-d.jpg
>
> B) http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/
> 12353535/12353535_solr-nick.gif
>
> Just respond to this thread with your preference.
>
> -Yonik

RE: Solr logo poll

Winona Salesky

On Apr 6, 2007, at 1:51 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:

> Quick poll...  Solr 2.1 release planning is underway, and a new logo
> may be a part of that.
> What "form" of logo do you prefer, A or B?  There may be further
> tweaks to these pictures, but I'd like to get a sense of what the user
> community likes.
>
> A) http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12349897/logo-
> solr-d.jpg
>
> B) http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/
> 12353535/12353535_solr-nick.gif
>
> Just respond to this thread with your preference.
>
> -Yonik

RE: Solr logo poll

Bill Tantzen-3
I like A.  It's a bit more serious/professional looking.

Re: Solr logo poll

Mike Klaas

Re: Solr logo poll

Ian Meyer
A.

> Quick poll...  Solr 2.1 release planning is underway, and a new logo
> may be a part of that.
> What "form" of logo do you prefer, A or B?  There may be further
> tweaks to these pictures, but I'd like to get a sense of what the user
> community likes.
>
> A) http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12349897/logo-solr-d.jpg
>
> B) http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12353535/12353535_solr-nick.gif
>
> Just respond to this thread with your preference.
>
> -Yonik

Re: Solr logo poll

nicksnels1

Re: Solr logo poll

jrodenburg
I prefer B.

Re: Solr logo poll

nick19701

Re: Solr logo poll

Bertrand Delacretaz

> ...What "form" of logo do you prefer, A or B?

-Bertrand (a Tex Avery fan ;-)

Re: Solr logo poll

edsu
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Solr logo poll

Venkatesh Seetharam
I like B. Young!

> Quick poll...  Solr 2.1 release planning is underway, and a new logo
> may be a part of that.
> What "form" of logo do you prefer, A or B?  There may be further
> tweaks to these pictures, but I'd like to get a sense of what the user
> community likes.
>
> A)
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12349897/logo-solr-d.jpg
>
> B)
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12353535/12353535_solr-nick.gif
>
> Just respond to this thread with your preference.
>
> -Yonik

Venkatesh

"Perfection (in design) is achieved not when there is nothing more to add,
but rather when there is nothing more to take away."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Re: Solr logo poll

Dadasheva, Olga
> Quick poll...  Solr 2.1 release planning is underway, and a new logo
> may be a part of that.
> What "form" of logo do you prefer, A or B?  There may be further
> tweaks to these pictures, but I'd like to get a sense of what the user
> community likes.
>
> A)
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12349897/logo-solr-d.jpg
>
> B)
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12353535/12353535_solr-nick.gif
>
> Just respond to this thread with your preference.
>
> -Yonik

Re: Solr logo poll

shridharv
B is a bit cartoony (someone said that earlier)..mainly because of the letters, yet fresh.

A appears dated (an 80's look).

An alternate (C?) that retains the sunflare from B but changes the letters to be more staid may add the required balance.

shridhar