Solr monitoring

shruti suri
Hi,

I want to monitor solr Java heap and health check. What will be the best way
or tool to do it in production.. Also I want to check per collection
requests and memory utilization. I am using solr6.1.

Thanks
Shruti

-----
Regards
Shruti
Regards
Shruti

Re: Solr monitoring

Emir Arnautović
Hi Shruti,
One such tool is our https://sematext.com/spm <https://sematext.com/spm>. It provides Solr integration and ability to also send Solr logs.

HTH,
Emir

> On 29 Apr 2019, at 07:17, shruti suri <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I want to monitor solr Java heap and health check. What will be the best way
> or tool to do it in production.. Also I want to check per collection
> requests and memory utilization. I am using solr6.1.
>
> Thanks
> Shruti
>

> -----
> Regards
> Shruti

Re: Solr monitoring

shruti suri
Hi Emir,

Is there any open source tool for monitoring.

Thanks
Shruti

-----
Regards
Shruti
Regards
Shruti

Re: Solr monitoring

Bernd Fehling

We use munin with solr plugin but you can also use zabbix with solr plugin.

But there are much more.

Even Oracle has a Monitoring (Java Mission Control with Java Flight Recorder).

Regards,
Bernd

Am 30.04.19 um 13:09 schrieb shruti suri:

> Hi Emir,
>
> Is there any open source tool for monitoring.
>
> Thanks
> Shruti
>

> -----
> Regards
> Shruti

Re: Solr monitoring

shruti suri
Prometheus with grafana can be used?

Thanks
Shruti Suri

-----
Regards
Shruti
Regards
Shruti

Re: Solr monitoring

Bernd Fehling
I would say yes.
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_3/monitoring-solr-with-prometheus-and-grafana.html

Am 30.04.19 um 13:30 schrieb shruti suri:

> Prometheus with grafana can be used?
>
> Thanks
> Shruti Suri
>

> -----
> Regards
> Shruti

Re: Solr monitoring

shruti suri
I am using solr-6.1, will grafana with Prometheus would work ?

Thanks
Shruti

-----
Regards
Shruti
Regards
Shruti

Re: Solr monitoring

Walter Underwood
Metrics support was added after 6.1, so use the latest 6.x release.

I was waiting for that support, then decided it was not useful for us because it doesn’t break down performance by collection and request handler. But it does report tons of stuff we don’t care about. So it does nothing for tracking our SLA to our clients. I turned it off.

We have a custom servlet filter that measures performance by collection+handler and sends that to our metrics system. Right now, it sends Grafana format, but I need to upgrade it to InfluxDB line protocol.

For JVM and error monitoring, we use New Relic (not even close to free).

wunder
Walter Underwood