Solr, new index format (segments_N)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Solr, new index format (segments_N)

Manuel Albela Miranda
Hello everybody,
I wanted to know what can i do to make solr manage the new index format
that comes with last svn version of Lucene, i mean, now there are not a
segments file but segments_1, segments_2 and so on, and a segments.gen
file. I have tried to compile solr with the last .jar files generated by
the compilation of the lucene sources but i'm having the following errors:

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: matches
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.getSearcher(SolrCore.java:362)
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.getSearcher(SolrCore.java:258)
        at org.apache.solr.request.SolrQueryRequestBase.getSearcher(SolrQueryRequestBase.java:152)
        at org.apache.solr.request.StandardRequestHandler.handleRequest(StandardRequestHandler.java:126)
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:587)
        at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrServlet.doGet(SolrServlet.java:92)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: matches
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexFileNameFilter.matches(Native Method)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexFileNameFilter.accept(IndexFileNameFilter.java:51)
        at java.io.File.list(File.java:974)
        at org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.list(FSDirectory.java:328)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos$FindSegmentsFile.run(SegmentInfos.java:427)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:143)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:127)
        at org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher.<init>(SolrIndexSearcher.java:84)
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.getSearcher(SolrCore.java:353)
        ... 21 more

Hope you can help me.
Thank you.

Regards.

--
Manuel Albela Miranda
3.14 Financial
Sánchez Calviño 82
15404 Ferrol - Spain
Tel: +34 981 94 87 78
Fax: +34 981 94 87 34
e-mail: [hidden email]
http://www.3.14financial.com

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Solr, new index format (segments_N)

Michael McCandless-2
Manuel Albela Miranda wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> I wanted to know what can i do to make solr manage the new index format
> that comes with last svn version of Lucene, i mean, now there are not a
> segments file but segments_1, segments_2 and so on, and a segments.gen
> file. I have tried to compile solr with the last .jar files generated by
> the compilation of the lucene sources but i'm having the following errors:

Hello!  I was able to recompile the Solr example (solr.war) using the
current trunk version of Lucene (with lockless commits).  I was also
able to walk through the initial steps of the example (update, delete,
searching) running under Jetty and everything seems to work correctly.

I'm using Sun's JDK 1.5 on Linux.

 From your exception, it looks like your JRE can't find the "matches"
native method for a java.lang.String, which is very strange.  This
method has been available since 1.4.  I'm not sure why this would
happen.  Maybe double-check to make sure you're running >= JRE 1.4?

Mike
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Solr, new index format (segments_N)

Manuel Albela Miranda
Michael McCandless wrote:

> Manuel Albela Miranda wrote:
>> Hello everybody,
>> I wanted to know what can i do to make solr manage the new index
>> format that comes with last svn version of Lucene, i mean, now there
>> are not a segments file but segments_1, segments_2 and so on, and a
>> segments.gen file. I have tried to compile solr with the last .jar
>> files generated by the compilation of the lucene sources but i'm
>> having the following errors:
>
> Hello!  I was able to recompile the Solr example (solr.war) using the
> current trunk version of Lucene (with lockless commits).  I was also
> able to walk through the initial steps of the example (update, delete,
> searching) running under Jetty and everything seems to work correctly.
>
> I'm using Sun's JDK 1.5 on Linux.
>
> From your exception, it looks like your JRE can't find the "matches"
> native method for a java.lang.String, which is very strange.  This
> method has been available since 1.4.  I'm not sure why this would
> happen.  Maybe double-check to make sure you're running >= JRE 1.4?
>
> Mike
>
>
>
Hi Mike!,
Thanks for your answer. Yes, i'm using Sun's JDK 1.5.0 too. Can you tell
me the step you followed to get solr running with the lockless commits?.
I compile the latest java lucene and then put the jar files generated in
the lib directory of the solr distribution. Finally running 'ant' it
compiles without any problem. But when trying the example with the new
index format, it fails.

Thank you!

Regards.

--
Manuel Albela Miranda
3.14 Financial
Sánchez Calviño 82
15404 Ferrol - Spain
Tel: +34 981 94 87 78
Fax: +34 981 94 87 34
e-mail: [hidden email]
http://www.3.14financial.com

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Solr, new index format (segments_N)

Yonik Seeley-2
On 11/28/06, Manuel Albela Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks for your answer. Yes, i'm using Sun's JDK 1.5.0 too. Can you tell
> me the step you followed to get solr running with the lockless commits?.
> I compile the latest java lucene and then put the jar files generated in
> the lib directory of the solr distribution. Finally running 'ant' it
> compiles without any problem. But when trying the example with the new
> index format, it fails.

Did you make sure that you are actually running the new war you made?
If you run "ant example" it will install the newly built war into the
example server (the example/webapps directory)

-Yonik
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Solr, new index format (segments_N)

Michael McCandless-2
Yonik Seeley wrote:
> On 11/28/06, Manuel Albela Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Thanks for your answer. Yes, i'm using Sun's JDK 1.5.0 too. Can you tell
>> me the step you followed to get solr running with the lockless commits?.
>> I compile the latest java lucene and then put the jar files generated in
>> the lib directory of the solr distribution. Finally running 'ant' it
>> compiles without any problem. But when trying the example with the new
>> index format, it fails.

These are the steps I did (with Sun's JDK 1.5.0):

   * Checked out the current trunk of Solr (from svn)

   * Checked out the current trunk of Lucene (from svn)

   * Built the Lucene JARs ("ant jar-core")

   * Copied jar to Solr dir:

       "cp build/lucene-core-2.1-dev.jar
../solr/lib/lucene-core-nightly.jar"

   * Then ran "ant example" in solr dir (which creates solr.war under
     example/webapps).

   * Start jetty (cd example; java -jar start.jar)

   * Submit all the xml files (cd exampledocs; sh post.sh *.xml)

   * Verified that index (example/solr/data/index/*) shows segments_N
     file (not segments), to confirm lockless is in fact running.

   * Ran some searches, did some more of the examples (using curl to
     delete & commit, etc.), and they all seem to be working fine.

Mike
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Solr, new index format (segments_N)

Manuel Albela Miranda
Michael McCandless wrote:

> Yonik Seeley wrote:
>> On 11/28/06, Manuel Albela Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Thanks for your answer. Yes, i'm using Sun's JDK 1.5.0 too. Can you
>>> tell
>>> me the step you followed to get solr running with the lockless
>>> commits?.
>>> I compile the latest java lucene and then put the jar files
>>> generated in
>>> the lib directory of the solr distribution. Finally running 'ant' it
>>> compiles without any problem. But when trying the example with the new
>>> index format, it fails.
>
> These are the steps I did (with Sun's JDK 1.5.0):
>
>   * Checked out the current trunk of Solr (from svn)
>
>   * Checked out the current trunk of Lucene (from svn)
>
>   * Built the Lucene JARs ("ant jar-core")
>
>   * Copied jar to Solr dir:
>
>       "cp build/lucene-core-2.1-dev.jar
> ../solr/lib/lucene-core-nightly.jar"
>
>   * Then ran "ant example" in solr dir (which creates solr.war under
>     example/webapps).
>
>   * Start jetty (cd example; java -jar start.jar)
>
>   * Submit all the xml files (cd exampledocs; sh post.sh *.xml)
>
>   * Verified that index (example/solr/data/index/*) shows segments_N
>     file (not segments), to confirm lockless is in fact running.
>
>   * Ran some searches, did some more of the examples (using curl to
>     delete & commit, etc.), and they all seem to be working fine.
>
> Mike
>
>
>

Hi Mike,

Thanks again for your pacience. I have followed all the steps, but with
the same result. I use Solr with apache, but as you do, i tried with
Jetty, but the problem still remains with Jetty and Apache.

The error message is:

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: matches
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.getSearcher(SolrCore.java:362)
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.getSearcher(SolrCore.java:258)
        at org.apache.solr.request.SolrQueryRequestBase.getSearcher(SolrQueryRequestBase.java:152)
        at org.apache.solr.request.StandardRequestHandler.handleRequest(StandardRequestHandler.java:126)
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:587)
        at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrServlet.doGet(SolrServlet.java:92)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: matches
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexFileNameFilter.matches(Native Method)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexFileNameFilter.accept(IndexFileNameFilter.java:51)
        at java.io.File.list(File.java:974)
        at org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.list(FSDirectory.java:328)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos$FindSegmentsFile.run(SegmentInfos.java:427)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:143)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:127)
        at org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher.<init>(SolrIndexSearcher.java:85)
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.getSearcher(SolrCore.java:353)
        ... 21 more


If you have any idea i will appreciate it.

Regards.

Manu
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Solr, new index format (segments_N)

Yonik Seeley-2
UnsatisfiedLinkError means that the JVM can't find a native method,
and Solr and Lucene have no native methods.  Something else is
probably messed up...

Try building and running Solr with the supplied lucene jar first, to
make sure you have the process down correctly.  Once that works, then
try moving to the latest lucene jars.

-Yonik

On 11/30/06, Manuel Albela Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Michael McCandless wrote:
> > Yonik Seeley wrote:
> >> On 11/28/06, Manuel Albela Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>> Thanks for your answer. Yes, i'm using Sun's JDK 1.5.0 too. Can you
> >>> tell
> >>> me the step you followed to get solr running with the lockless
> >>> commits?.
> >>> I compile the latest java lucene and then put the jar files
> >>> generated in
> >>> the lib directory of the solr distribution. Finally running 'ant' it
> >>> compiles without any problem. But when trying the example with the new
> >>> index format, it fails.
> >
> > These are the steps I did (with Sun's JDK 1.5.0):
> >
> >   * Checked out the current trunk of Solr (from svn)
> >
> >   * Checked out the current trunk of Lucene (from svn)
> >
> >   * Built the Lucene JARs ("ant jar-core")
> >
> >   * Copied jar to Solr dir:
> >
> >       "cp build/lucene-core-2.1-dev.jar
> > ../solr/lib/lucene-core-nightly.jar"
> >
> >   * Then ran "ant example" in solr dir (which creates solr.war under
> >     example/webapps).
> >
> >   * Start jetty (cd example; java -jar start.jar)
> >
> >   * Submit all the xml files (cd exampledocs; sh post.sh *.xml)
> >
> >   * Verified that index (example/solr/data/index/*) shows segments_N
> >     file (not segments), to confirm lockless is in fact running.
> >
> >   * Ran some searches, did some more of the examples (using curl to
> >     delete & commit, etc.), and they all seem to be working fine.
> >
> > Mike
> >
> >
> >
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> Thanks again for your pacience. I have followed all the steps, but with
> the same result. I use Solr with apache, but as you do, i tried with
> Jetty, but the problem still remains with Jetty and Apache.
>
> The error message is:
>
> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: matches
>         at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.getSearcher(SolrCore.java:362)
>         at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.getSearcher(SolrCore.java:258)
>         at org.apache.solr.request.SolrQueryRequestBase.getSearcher(SolrQueryRequestBase.java:152)
>         at org.apache.solr.request.StandardRequestHandler.handleRequest(StandardRequestHandler.java:126)
>         at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:587)
>         at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrServlet.doGet(SolrServlet.java:92)
>         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
>         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
>         at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
>         at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
>         at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
>         at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
> Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: matches
>         at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexFileNameFilter.matches(Native Method)
>         at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexFileNameFilter.accept(IndexFileNameFilter.java:51)
>         at java.io.File.list(File.java:974)
>         at org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.list(FSDirectory.java:328)
>         at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos$FindSegmentsFile.run(SegmentInfos.java:427)
>         at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:143)
>         at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:127)
>         at org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher.<init>(SolrIndexSearcher.java:85)
>         at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.getSearcher(SolrCore.java:353)
>         ... 21 more
>
>
> If you have any idea i will appreciate it.
>
> Regards.
>
> Manu
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Solr, new index format (segments_N)

Manuel Albela Miranda
Yonik Seeley wrote:

> UnsatisfiedLinkError means that the JVM can't find a native method,
> and Solr and Lucene have no native methods.  Something else is
> probably messed up...
>
> Try building and running Solr with the supplied lucene jar first, to
> make sure you have the process down correctly.  Once that works, then
> try moving to the latest lucene jars.
>
> -Yonik
>
Hey Yonik,

Yes, i've tried that. Building and running Solr with the supplied jar  
works ok, the problem raises when i copy the latest lucene jar. It has
to be with the created lucene .jar, but i don't know why...


Regards.

Manu.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Solr, new index format (segments_N)

Chris Hostetter-3

: Yes, i've tried that. Building and running Solr with the supplied jar
: works ok, the problem raises when i copy the latest lucene jar. It has
: to be with the created lucene .jar, but i don't know why...

looking back at your stack trace, my gut instinct is that there is
something wrong with your java setup, such that the native code libraries
used to impliment the system classes (specificly the regex functionality)
aren't linked properly (or some other crazy DLL/so mumbojumbo) and you
only get the problem with the lockless commits version because thats when
it started using pattern matching on file names.

...except that as far as i can tell the old version would used pattern
matching too, just not as much.  .. hmm, acctually, i take that bcak: the
code to call String.matches to determine what files are part of the
index was there, but i don't acctual see it getting used -- at least not
in the code from your stack trace (opening an index)

thinking about it a bit: before lockless commits there really was only one
purpose for the IndexFileNameFilter, removing all "index" files from a
directory when asked to create a new index ... code that Solr never would
have executed (i don't believe) ... so maybe that is the problem?

Manuel: forget about Solr for a minute, when you compile the Lucnee trunk,
can you run the (Lucene) tests successfully ?

more importantly: does the commandline Lucene demo work for you? can you
run...

         java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles [somepath]

...if i'm write, that will fail if you run it more then once in the same
directory (so that an "index" directory with stuff in it has already been
created when you run it a a second time) ... it should even fail with the
lucene 2.0 release.

(hell: if i'm right, a 1 line hello world class you write that just calls
System.out.println("string".matches("\\d")) would fail the same way)



-Hoss

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Solr, new index format (segments_N)

Manuel Albela Miranda
Chris Hostetter wrote:

> : Yes, i've tried that. Building and running Solr with the supplied jar
> : works ok, the problem raises when i copy the latest lucene jar. It has
> : to be with the created lucene .jar, but i don't know why...
>
> looking back at your stack trace, my gut instinct is that there is
> something wrong with your java setup, such that the native code libraries
> used to impliment the system classes (specificly the regex functionality)
> aren't linked properly (or some other crazy DLL/so mumbojumbo) and you
> only get the problem with the lockless commits version because thats when
> it started using pattern matching on file names.
>
> ...except that as far as i can tell the old version would used pattern
> matching too, just not as much.  .. hmm, acctually, i take that bcak: the
> code to call String.matches to determine what files are part of the
> index was there, but i don't acctual see it getting used -- at least not
> in the code from your stack trace (opening an index)
>
> thinking about it a bit: before lockless commits there really was only one
> purpose for the IndexFileNameFilter, removing all "index" files from a
> directory when asked to create a new index ... code that Solr never would
> have executed (i don't believe) ... so maybe that is the problem?
>
> Manuel: forget about Solr for a minute, when you compile the Lucnee trunk,
> can you run the (Lucene) tests successfully ?
>
> more importantly: does the commandline Lucene demo work for you? can you
> run...
>
> java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles [somepath]
>
> ...if i'm write, that will fail if you run it more then once in the same
> directory (so that an "index" directory with stuff in it has already been
> created when you run it a a second time) ... it should even fail with the
> lucene 2.0 release.
>
> (hell: if i'm right, a 1 line hello world class you write that just calls
> System.out.println("string".matches("\\d")) would fail the same way)
>
>
>
> -Hoss
>
>
>
>
>  
Hi Chris,

Now i have solr working with lockless index, but i had to download the
binaries from the lucene website so now it works ok, but still don't
know why the  jar file generated in the compilation of the lucene svn
sources doesn't work with solr, so the main part of the problem is
solved, i will go on investigating why the compiled jar doesn't work, bu
i think it's no a java problem, in that case it won't work even with the
lucene binaries.

Thank you for your time.

Regards.

Manu

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Solr, new index format (segments_N)

Chris Hostetter-3

: Now i have solr working with lockless index, but i had to download the
: binaries from the lucene website so now it works ok, but still don't
: know why the  jar file generated in the compilation of the lucene svn
: sources doesn't work with solr, so the main part of the problem is
: solved, i will go on investigating why the compiled jar doesn't work, bu
: i think it's no a java problem, in that case it won't work even with the
: lucene binaries.

if the lucene jars built by someone else work, but the jars you compile
for yourself don't then that suggests to me that there is an
incompatibility between the java compiler you are using to compile the
code, and the JVM you are using hte run the code ... is there any
possibility you have a 1.6 javac lying arround that might be getting used
by ant?



-Hoss

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Solr, new index format (segments_N)

Manuel Albela Miranda
Chris Hostetter wrote:

> : Now i have solr working with lockless index, but i had to download the
> : binaries from the lucene website so now it works ok, but still don't
> : know why the  jar file generated in the compilation of the lucene svn
> : sources doesn't work with solr, so the main part of the problem is
> : solved, i will go on investigating why the compiled jar doesn't work, bu
> : i think it's no a java problem, in that case it won't work even with the
> : lucene binaries.
>
> if the lucene jars built by someone else work, but the jars you compile
> for yourself don't then that suggests to me that there is an
> incompatibility between the java compiler you are using to compile the
> code, and the JVM you are using hte run the code ... is there any
> possibility you have a 1.6 javac lying arround that might be getting used
> by ant?
>
>
>
> -Hoss
>
>
>
> .
>
>  
I don't think so, the output when i run javac -version is the next:

javac -version
javac 1.5.0_06
javac: no source files
Usage: javac <options> <source files>
where possible options include:
  -g                         Generate all debugging info
  -g:none                    Generate no debugging info
  -g:{lines,vars,source}     Generate only some debugging info
  -nowarn                    Generate no warnings
  -verbose                   Output messages about what the compiler is
doing
  -deprecation               Output source locations where deprecated
APIs are used
  -classpath <path>          Specify where to find user class files
  -cp <path>                 Specify where to find user class files
  -sourcepath <path>         Specify where to find input source files
  -bootclasspath <path>      Override location of bootstrap class files
  -extdirs <dirs>            Override location of installed extensions
  -endorseddirs <dirs>       Override location of endorsed standards path
  -d <directory>             Specify where to place generated class files
  -encoding <encoding>       Specify character encoding used by source files
  -source <release>          Provide source compatibility with specified
release
  -target <release>          Generate class files for specific VM version
  -version                   Version information
  -help                      Print a synopsis of standard options
  -X                         Print a synopsis of nonstandard options
  -J<flag>                   Pass <flag> directly to the runtime system

then, i don't know what happens with the compilation.

Regards.

Manu.