Solr query POST and not in GET

belsen
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Solr query POST and not in GET

britske
Yes it's possible.
Assuming your using SolrJ as a client-library:

set:
QueryRequest req = new QueryRequest();
req.setMethod(METHOD.POST);

Any other client-library should have a similar method.
hth,
Geert-Jan

2011/3/15 Gastone Penzo <[hidden email]>

> Hi,
> is possible to change Solr sending query method from get to post?
> because my query has a lot of OR..OR..OR and the log says to me Request URI
> too large
> Where can i change it??
> thanx
>

> --
> Gastone Penzo
>
> www.solr-italia.it
> The first italian blog about SOLR

Re: Solr query POST and not in GET

Malcolm Upayavira Holmes
Please do not cross-post between lists - yours seems like a user
query to me, so I'm answering it here.

As to your question - Solr does not select the request method -
you do. I've just tested it and Solr happily accepts a query via
a POST request.

However, you'd probably do well to look at other ways to
structure your query if you're hitting the URL length limit.

Upayavira

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 12:23 +0100, "Gastone Penzo"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

  Hi,

is possible to change Solr sending query method from get to post?

because my query has a lot of OR..OR..OR and the log says to me
Request URI too large

Where can i change it??

thanx

--