Solr query response time analysis

Rajdeep Sahoo
Hi all,
 Please suggest, how can I analyze the time taken by a solr query?
Is there any tool for analyzing the query response time.I f there is any
way to do this please suggest.

Re: Solr query response time analysis

Chris Ulicny
Rajdeep,

Not an external tool, but there is the option of using the "debug"
parameter in the Solr query that can be used at least as a starting point
for looking at the query timing.

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/common-query-parameters.html#CommonQueryParameters-ThedebugParameter

Best,
Chris

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 12:10 PM Rajdeep Sahoo <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>  Please suggest, how can I analyze the time taken by a solr query?
> Is there any tool for analyzing the query response time.I f there is any
> way to do this please suggest.

Re: Solr query response time analysis

Tanapol Nearunchorn
Hi Rajdeep,

For production-deployment at my company, we are using prometheus exporter,
https://github.com/noony/prometheus-solr-exporter.

You can start the exporter along with solr server and the exporter will
collect important metrics from solr.

By the way, you need to install and configure prometheus and grafana
(optional) to view and do some graph stuff.

If you have only single solr instance, I would suggest to view it via solr
admin page which is the most simple way.

If these metrics are not want you want, please tell me more about what you
want to measure.

Regards,
Tanapol