Solr runs out of File Handles

Owens, Martin
Hello all,

I'm dealing with an odd problem with solr using multi-cores. If we start
using more than about 40 or so cores the java spews forth errors about
lacking file handles. Has anyone else seen this problem and what may the
solution be?

Best Regards, Martin Owens

solr-log (7K) Download Attachment

Re: Solr runs out of File Handles

Yonik Seeley-2
On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Martin Owens
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm dealing with an odd problem with solr using multi-cores. If we start
> using more than about 40 or so cores the java spews forth errors about
> lacking file handles.

- Increase the number of file descriptors available to the system
(this is operating system specific).
- Change to use the compound file format, which uses fewer files (and
hence fewer descriptors) per index

-Yonik