Solr spatial clustering GPS

Guido Medina
Hi,

Is there a way to cluster groups of near by GPS in a Solr query(GPS
inside a quadrant), we have everything in place (location_rpt with
Spatial4J and JTS) and we have been using Solr spatial for a while with
GPS and Polygons in the map, just wondering if there is a way to return
a list of cluster of points depending on the quadrant and some sort of
scale.

If that is not possible, is there a way to return the geo-hashes instead
of the original value, let's say, a GPS lon lat in WKT format is (1 1)
and its geo-hash is AAAA, so instead of returning (1 1) I want to get
its hash so that we can use a custom text algorithms to cluster.

Any response/thoughts will be appreciated,

Guido.

Re: Solr spatial clustering GPS

David Smiley
Hi Guido,

Check this out: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SpatialClustering
It captures some information on the subject.

What I really want to do is built-in heatmap-faceting but I have no time
right now.

~ David