SolrJ 8.2: Too many Connection evictor threads

SolrJ 8.2: Too many Connection evictor threads

Andreas Kahl-2
Hello everyone,

we just updated our Solr from former 5.4 to 8.2. The server runs fine,
but in our client applications we are seeing issues with thousands of
threads created with the name "Connection evictor".
Can you give a hint how to limit those threads?
Should we better use HttpSolrClient or Http2SolrClient?
Is another version of SolrJ advisable?

Thanks & Best Regards
Andreas

Re: SolrJ 8.2: Too many Connection evictor threads

Erick Erickson
Are you running a 5x SolrJ client against an 8x server? There’s no
guarantee at all that that would work (or vice-versa for that matter).

Most generally, SolrJ clients should be able to work with version X-1, but X-3
is unsupported.

Best,
Erick

> On Feb 11, 2020, at 6:36 AM, Andreas Kahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> we just updated our Solr from former 5.4 to 8.2. The server runs fine,
> but in our client applications we are seeing issues with thousands of
> threads created with the name "Connection evictor".
> Can you give a hint how to limit those threads?
> Should we better use HttpSolrClient or Http2SolrClient?
> Is another version of SolrJ advisable?
>
> Thanks & Best Regards
> Andreas

Antw: Re: SolrJ 8.2: Too many Connection evictor threads

Andreas Kahl-2
Erick,

Thanks, that's why we want to upgrade our clients to the same Solr(J) version as the server has. But I am still fighting the uncontrolled creation of those Connection evictor threads in my tomcat.

Best Regards

Andreas