SolrJ: BinaryRequestWriter with StreamingUpdateSolrServer

SolrJ: BinaryRequestWriter with StreamingUpdateSolrServer

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
Hi,

I had the impression that the StreamingUpateSolrServer in SolrJ would automatically use the /update/javabin UpdateRequestHandler. Is this not true? Do we need to call
server.setRequestWriter(new BinaryRequestWriter()) for it to transmit content with the binary protocol?

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com
Training in Europe - www.solrtraining.com

Re: SolrJ: BinaryRequestWriter with StreamingUpdateSolrServer

Yonik Seeley-2-2
There's an issue open for this:
I'm not sure off the top of my head how much is involved in making it
happen though.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 9:25 AM, Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had the impression that the StreamingUpateSolrServer in SolrJ would automatically use the /update/javabin UpdateRequestHandler. Is this not true? Do we need to call
> server.setRequestWriter(new BinaryRequestWriter()) for it to transmit content with the binary protocol?

> Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com
> Training in Europe - www.solrtraining.com

Re: SolrJ: BinaryRequestWriter with StreamingUpdateSolrServer

Thijs
The streaming won't use the 'set' Requestwriter. It uses a custom xml
requestwriter embedded in the StreamingUpdateSolrServer.

I was also hoping it would use a BinaryRequestWriter but after digging
it turned-out not to.