SolrJ : EmbeddedSolrServer and database data indexing

SolrJ : EmbeddedSolrServer and database data indexing

Ashish P
Is it possible to index DB data directly to solr using EmbeddedSolrServer. I tried using data-Config File and Full-import commad, it works. So assuming using CommonsHttpServer will also work. But can I do it with EmbeddedSolrServer??

Thanks in advance...
Ashish

Re: SolrJ : EmbeddedSolrServer and database data indexing

Ashish P
Is there any api in SolrJ that calls the dataImportHandler to execute commands like full-import and delta-import.
Please help..

Ashish P wrote
Is it possible to index DB data directly to solr using EmbeddedSolrServer. I tried using data-Config File and Full-import commad, it works. So assuming using CommonsHttpServer will also work. But can I do it with EmbeddedSolrServer??

Thanks in advance...
Ashish

Re: SolrJ : EmbeddedSolrServer and database data indexing

Noble Paul നോബിള്‍  नोब्ळ्
nope ..
But you can still use SolrJ to invoke DIH.
cretae a ModifiableSolrParams with the required request parameters
create a QueryRequest with the params and then set the path as /dataimport

and invoke the command with the CommonsHttpSolrServer#request()

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 8:40 AM, Ashish P <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there any api in SolrJ that calls the dataImportHandler to execute
> commands like full-import and delta-import.
> Please help..
>

> Ashish P wrote:
>>
>> Is it possible to index DB data directly to solr using EmbeddedSolrServer.
>> I tried using data-Config File and Full-import commad, it works. So
>> assuming using CommonsHttpServer will also work. But can I do it with
>> EmbeddedSolrServer??
>>
>> Thanks in advance...
>> Ashish

--Noble Paul