SolrJ: ZooKeeper status path & admin requests

SolrJ: ZooKeeper status path & admin requests

Bram Van Dam
Hey folks,

SolrJ's CommonParams.java contains a list of URL paths which are admin
requests (ADMIN_PATHS). Requests to these paths follow a different route
in the (Cloud)SolrClient, one where they don't require a "collection"
property. Which makes sense, after all System Info etc does not relate
to any individual collection.

The ZK_STATUS_PATH is conspicuously missing from this list, which means
it effectively can't queried using SolrJ. The actual path,
/admin/zookeeper/status, seems to suggest that it is, after all, an
admin request.

Is there a reason this is missing? Or shall I open a jira and attach a
patch? Right now I have to jump through hoops to obtain the ZK status
info, it'd be much more convenient if I could just use SolrJ.

Thanks,

 - Bram

Re: SolrJ: ZooKeeper status path & admin requests

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
Noble, you are confusing the ZK API with the ZK Status API.

The ZK Status API (/admin/zookeeper/status) is also currently only used by the UI, but it delivers a JSON detailing the status of all Zookeepers.
Feel free to make a patch for adding it.
However, we may want to mark the response as experimental/internal until we get another round of review/update of the response format. Right now both zk status and config are mashed together in the same k/v list which may not be what we want to support going forward, when we perhaps move to support ZK AdminServer as source of ZK status instead of TCP 4lw.
The API should probably also get its v2 equivalent...

Jan

20. mar. 2020 kl. 02:03 skrev Noble Paul <[hidden email]>:

[...]

Sorry, I got confused

We should move all our APIs to V2 eventually