Solrsharp highlighting

Charlie Jackson
Trying to use Solrsharp (which is a great tool, BTW) to get some results
in a C# application. I see the HighlightFields method of the
QueryBuilder object and I've set it to my highlight field, but how do I
get at the results? I don't see anything in the SearchResults code that
does anything with the highlight results XML. Did I miss something?

Thanks,

Charlie

RE: Solrsharp highlighting

Charlie Jackson
Also, are there any examples out there of how to use Solrsharp's
faceting capabilities?

Charlie Jackson
312-873-6537

Charlie

Re: Solrsharp highlighting

jrodenburg
Thanks for the comments, Charlie.

No, you didn't miss anything with the highlight results.  It hasn't been
implemented yet.  :-/
The first implementation was quite janky, and was consequently removed.  I'm
adding an issue in JIRA about implementing highlighted fields.  (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-338)

On 8/10/07, Charlie Jackson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Trying to use Solrsharp (which is a great tool, BTW) to get some results
> in a C# application. I see the HighlightFields method of the
> QueryBuilder object and I've set it to my highlight field, but how do I
> get at the results? I don't see anything in the SearchResults code that
> does anything with the highlight results XML. Did I miss something?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Charlie

Re: Solrsharp highlighting

jrodenburg
Pull down the latest example code from
http://solrstuff.org/svn/solrsharpwhich includes adding facets to
search results.  It's really short and
simple to add facets; the example application implements one form of it.
The nice thing about the facet support is that it utilizes generics to allow
you to have strongly typed name/value pairs for the fieldname/count data.

Hope this helps.

-- jeff r.

On 8/10/07, Charlie Jackson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Also, are there any examples out there of how to use Solrsharp's
> faceting capabilities?

> Charlie Jackson
> 312-873-6537
> [hidden email]

RE: Solrsharp highlighting

Charlie Jackson
Thanks for adding in those facet examples. That should help me out a
great deal.

As for the highlighting, did you have any ideas about a good way to go
about it? I was thinking about taking a stab at it, but I want to get
your input first.

Thanks,
Charlie

simple to add facets; the example application implements one form of it.
The nice thing about the facet support is that it utilizes generics to
allow
you to have strongly typed name/value pairs for the fieldname/count
data.

Hope this helps.

-- jeff r.

On 8/10/07, Charlie Jackson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Also, are there any examples out there of how to use Solrsharp's
> faceting capabilities?

> Charlie Jackson
> 312-873-6537
> [hidden email]

Re: Solrsharp highlighting

jrodenburg
I've been working on the highlighting component, and it's a little odd how
it works.  For myself, if I want terms highlighted, I'd like those in the
return results.  Solr, on the other hand, returns a separate xml node that
represents the portions of the results that are highlighted.  I know that
it's incorporated that way for other reasons, but it makes patching the
highlighted portions together with the doc results in Solrsharp an
out-of-band experience.

Nonetheless, the approach I'm trying is one where the highlighted nodes are
associated with the SearchResults object, and will have their highlighted
text bits incorporated into the associated SearchRecord objects.

At least that's what I'm initially trying to accomplish.

-- j