Sorting results by "url"

ocramp
Hi,

 Please, everybody.

  I'm indexing a website that makes new scripts with fresh news content
almost every hour.
 The urls are this way: http://wwww.website.com/1.php
http://wwww.website.com/2.php http://wwww.website.com/3.php etc...

 Is there a way to modify the results page search.jsp so that it can show
1.php first then 2.php then 3.php ... I mean, is there a way to sort results
by url?

Thanks,
Marco

Re: Sorting results by "url"

Stefan Neufeind
Marco Pereira wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please, everybody.
>
>  I'm indexing a website that makes new scripts with fresh news content
> almost every hour.
> The urls are this way: http://wwww.website.com/1.php
> http://wwww.website.com/2.php http://wwww.website.com/3.php etc...
>
> Is there a way to modify the results page search.jsp so that it can show
> 1.php first then 2.php then 3.php ... I mean, is there a way to sort
> results
> by url?

For the OpenSearch-interface (RSS-interface) you can supply &sort=url -
or also combine that with &reverse=true if you need it the other way
round. Please note however that those are lexically sorted. In case you
want them to be ordered by fetch-date you can also use &sort=date.

Hope that help,
 Stefan