Special character matching 'x' ?

Sanjay Suri
Hi,
Can someone shed some light on this?

One of my field values has  the name "Räikkönen"  which contains a special
characters.

Strangely, as I see it anyway, it matches on the search query 'x' ?

Can someone explain or point me to the solution/documentation?

Any help appreciated,
-Sanjay

--
Sanjay Suri

Videocrux Inc.
http://videocrux.com
+91 99102 66626

Re: Special character matching 'x' ?

Akshay-8
You need to configure Tomcat appropriately for recognizing international
characters in the URI. Take a look at this to see if it helps,
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrTomcat#head-20147ee4d9dd5ca83ed264898280ab60457847c4

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 10:53 AM, Sanjay Suri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> Can someone shed some light on this?
>
> One of my field values has  the name "Räikkönen"  which contains a special
> characters.
>
> Strangely, as I see it anyway, it matches on the search query 'x' ?
>
> Can someone explain or point me to the solution/documentation?
>
> Any help appreciated,
> -Sanjay
>
> --
> Sanjay Suri
>
> Videocrux Inc.
> http://videocrux.com
> +91 99102 66626

Akshay Ukey.

Re: Special character matching 'x' ?

Norberto Meijome-6
On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 10:53:39 +0530
"Sanjay Suri" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> One of my field values has  the name "R__ikk__nen"  which contains a special
> characters.
>
> Strangely, as I see it anyway, it matches on the search query 'x' ?
>
> Can someone explain or point me to the solution/documentation?

hi Sanjay,
Akshay should have given you an answer for this. In a more general way, if you
want to know WHY something is matching the way it is, run the query with
debugQuery=true . There are a few pages in the wiki which explain other
debugging techniques.

_________________________
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Ask not what's inside your head, but what your head's inside of."
   J. J. Gibson

Warned.

Re: Special character matching 'x' ?

Sanjay Suri
Thanks Akshay and Norberto,
I am still trying to make it work. I know the solution is what you pointed
me to but is just taking me some time to make it work.

thanks,
-Sanjay

--
Sanjay Suri

Videocrux Inc.
http://videocrux.com
+91 99102 66626

Unable to filter fq param on a dynamic field

barry@misco.co.uk
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Unable to filter fq param on a dynamic field

Otis Gospodnetic-2
Barry, does this return the correct hits:

http://127.0.0.1:8080/apache-solr-1.3.0/IvolutionSearch?q=Output-Type-facet:Monochrome

Otis

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Unable to filter fq param on a dynamic field

Otis Gospodnetic-2
Barry,

You are seeing the value of the field as it was saved (as the original), but perhaps something is funky with how it was analyzed/tokenized at search time and how it is being analyzed now at query time.  Double-check your fieldType/analysis settings for this field and make sure you are using the same/compatible analyzers at both index and query time.

Otis

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Unable to filter fq param on a dynamic field

hossman

: Now I can query for any of the fixed field types Such as ProductName or
: ReviewRating and get the results I expect but when I try to run a filter
: query on the dynamic fields in the result, I always end up with no
: results being returned.

from what i can tell based on this info you provided, this certianly seems
like it should work...

:  http://127.0.0.1:8080/apache-solr-1.3.0/IvolutionSearch?q=laser&rows=100&fq=Output-Type-facet:Monochrome

...what happens if you try this...

http://127.0.0.1:8080/apache-solr-1.3.0/select/?q=Output-Type-facet:Monochrome&debugQuery=true

PS...

http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#threadhijack
Thread Hijacking on Mailing Lists

When starting a new discussion on a mailing list, please do not reply to
an existing message, instead start a fresh email.  Even if you change the
subject line of your email, other mail headers still track which thread
you replied to and your question is "hidden" in that thread and gets less
attention.   It makes following discussions in the mailing list archives
particularly difficult.
See Also:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_hijacking

-Hoss