Speed up Solr Index merging

Karthik K-2
I need to merge multiple solr indexes into one big index. The process is
very slow. Please share any tips to speed it up. Will optimizing the indexes
before merging help?

Thanks,
Karthik

Re: Speed up Solr Index merging

Li Li
I faced this problem but can't find any good solution. But if you have
large stored field such as full text of document. If you don't store
it in lucene, it will be quicker because 2 merge indexes will force
copy all fdts into a new fdt. If you store it externally. The problem
you have to face is how to manage it. maybe you have a uniqueKey such
as url to store this key-value to somewhere.