Spellcheck: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: read past EOF

Spellcheck: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: read past EOF

ranjitr
Hello,

Solr 1.3 reported the following error when our app tried to query it:

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: read past EOF
                at org.apache.solr.spelling.IndexBasedSpellChecker.build(IndexBasedSpellChecker.java:91)
                at org.apache.solr.handler.component.SpellCheckComponent.prepare(SpellCheckComponent.java:108)

I noticed that there were about 54 segments.* files under the spellcheck directory. The way I resolved the problem was by going into the spellcheck directory & deleting off all the files in it. I then issued a curl command to rebuild the spellcheck index (I also did a full-import & reload of the main index, to be safe.)

When this error occured, our solrconfig.xml had spellcheck.build set to true. This was a configuration eror on our part. I was wondering if the spellcheck index being re-built for each query could have caused the above exception to occur.

Kind clarify.

Thanks,
Ranjit.

Re: Spellcheck: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: read past EOF

Shalin Shekhar Mangar
On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 1:14 AM, ranjitr <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Solr 1.3 reported the following error when our app tried to query it:
>
> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: read past EOF
>                at
>
> org.apache.solr.spelling.IndexBasedSpellChecker.build(IndexBasedSpellChecker.java:91)
>                at
>
> org.apache.solr.handler.component.SpellCheckComponent.prepare(SpellCheckComponent.java:108)

Can you post the complete stack trace (i.e. the underlying exception's stack
trace as well)?

When this error occured, our solrconfig.xml had spellcheck.build set to
> true. This was a configuration eror on our part. I was wondering if the
> spellcheck index being re-built for each query could have caused the above
> exception to occur.

I don't know. Rebuilding the index for each query is not a good idea
anyways.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.