Start/stop scripts - particularly start-dfs.sh - in Hortonworks Data Platform 2.3.X

Start/stop scripts - particularly start-dfs.sh - in Hortonworks Data Platform 2.3.X

Stephen Boesch

We are setting up automated deployments on a headless system: so using the GUI is not an option here.  When we search for those scripts under HDP they are not found:

$ pwd
/usr/hdp/current

Which scripts exist in HDP ?

[stack@s1-639016 current]$ find -L . -name \*.sh
There are ZERO start/stop sh scripts..

In particular I am interested in the start-dfs.sh script that starts the namenode(s) , journalnode, and datanodes.

Re: Start/stop scripts - particularly start-dfs.sh - in Hortonworks Data Platform 2.3.X

Ted Yu-3
See /usr/hdp/current/hadoop-hdfs-client/bin/hdfs which calls hdfs.distro

At the top of hdfs.distro, you would see the usage:

function print_usage(){
  echo "Usage: hdfs [--config confdir] COMMAND"
  echo "       where COMMAND is one of:"
  echo "  dfs                  run a filesystem command on the file systems supported in Hadoop."
  echo "  namenode -format     format the DFS filesystem"
  echo "  secondarynamenode    run the DFS secondary namenode"
  echo "  namenode             run the DFS namenode"
  echo "  journalnode          run the DFS journalnode"

BTW since this question is vendor specific, I suggest continuing on vendor's forum.

Cheers

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 7:06 AM, Stephen Boesch <[hidden email]> wrote:

We are setting up automated deployments on a headless system: so using the GUI is not an option here.  When we search for those scripts under HDP they are not found:

$ pwd
/usr/hdp/current

Which scripts exist in HDP ?

[stack@s1-639016 current]$ find -L . -name \*.sh
There are ZERO start/stop sh scripts..

In particular I am interested in the start-dfs.sh script that starts the namenode(s) , journalnode, and datanodes.

Re: Start/stop scripts - particularly start-dfs.sh - in Hortonworks Data Platform 2.3.X

Dejan Menges

Hi Stephen,

In /usr/hdp/version there's etc/ subfolder with init scripts, beside others one for datanode too (hadoop-hdfs-datanode is the name).

Cheers