Stewardship of Docker-Solr

david.w.smiley@gmail.com
FYI Martijn Koster, the owner of the docker-solr project invited me to help maintain docker-solr going forward.  His work doesn't involve Solr anymore and so he's looking for other who have been involved to take the reigns.  I accepted.  I suspect Shalin might have accepted as well because, like me, we are both "Owners" of this GitHub org, along with Martijn.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer

Re: Stewardship of Docker-Solr

Ishan Chattopadhyaya
I think we should transfer it to Apache's ownership and modify the
release TODO to also release the docker images for the newly released
version.

On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 10:13 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> FYI Martijn Koster, the owner of the docker-solr project invited me to help maintain docker-solr going forward.  His work doesn't involve Solr anymore and so he's looking for other who have been involved to take the reigns.  I accepted.  I suspect Shalin might have accepted as well because, like me, we are both "Owners" of this GitHub org, along with Martijn.
>
> https://github.com/docker-solr
>
> ~ David Smiley
> Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer

Re: Stewardship of Docker-Solr

Ishan Chattopadhyaya
Essentially, Shalin or you can provide ownership of the github org to
the next RM to do the release of the image.

On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 12:53 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think we should transfer it to Apache's ownership and modify the
> release TODO to also release the docker images for the newly released
> version.
>
> On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 10:13 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > FYI Martijn Koster, the owner of the docker-solr project invited me to help maintain docker-solr going forward.  His work doesn't involve Solr anymore and so he's looking for other who have been involved to take the reigns.  I accepted.  I suspect Shalin might have accepted as well because, like me, we are both "Owners" of this GitHub org, along with Martijn.
> >
> > https://github.com/docker-solr
> >
> > ~ David Smiley
> > Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
> > http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley

Re: Stewardship of Docker-Solr

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
I was also invited to become admin. However I think we should allow any Lucene/Solr committer to join the GitHub org, and keep the separate repo for now.
Then after transitioning knowledge from Martijn through a release or two, we could decide on further steps such as moving the repo to asf, release process etc.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

<[hidden email]> wrote:

I think we should transfer it to Apache's ownership and modify the
release TODO to also release the docker images for the newly released
version.

On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 10:13 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:

FYI Martijn Koster, the owner of the docker-solr project invited me to help maintain docker-solr going forward.  His work doesn't involve Solr anymore and so he's looking for other who have been involved to take the reigns.  I accepted.  I suspect Shalin might have accepted as well because, like me, we are both "Owners" of this GitHub org, along with Martijn.

https://github.com/docker-solr

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley