Storing PID below /run

ahubold
Hi,

we'd like to store the PID file for the Solr service in a directory
below the /run directory (CentOS 7.5).

I've set "SOLR_PID_DIR=/run/solr" in solr.in.sh. But if /run is mounted
as tmpfs, the directory /run/solr will not exist after boot and the pid
file cannot be stored in that directory. I can't use /run instead
(without a subdirectory), because /run is only writable by the root user.

It would be nice if the Solr init script could create the SOLR_PID_DIR
with permissions for the Solr user if it does not exist. Want do you
think? I could create a JIRA ticket with a simple patch if nobody comes
up with a better idea.

Thanks in advance!
- Andreas

Re: Storing PID below /run